Coaching and Youth Sports

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by cotton, Mar 25, 2013.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I would accidentally let one fly into her mask.

God i hate parents.

droski likes this.
  2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I dont coach anymore but when it was blatant with little one's, i would pull the parent and kid over and say "hey, your child cant have fun and focus if he's looking up at you, and it makes it more difficult to figure out some things out on his own if you are yelling instructions like "shoot it! Pass it! Throw it!", so we are going to not look in the bleachers or yell game instructions. I want to coach your son and he will get better, but let me or find another team please.

NYY likes this.
  3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

And I get annoyed when parents yell "good stick" when it's just a big kid who can't a beach ball wit ha boat paddle.

Last Saturday at our game I'm pitching and I turn around and notice the right fielder is turned around talking to his dad. And my best player, a lefty is at bat. Unfortunately he fouled the first one off and the other coaches got kids attention before he hit it.

droski likes this.
  4. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i said something multiple times and she just wouldn't get it. she's actually the wife of one of my other coaches so i felt i couldn't go full out since he's the one who should really be controlling the problem.

5. CardinalVol

Learned a new saying I'll be incorporating into teaching kids how to pitch next year - "fart on a midget".

6. bigjintx

bigjintx Chieftain

[​IMG]

2Maggitt2Quit and CardinalVol like this.
  7. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

It’s little people. Dammit.

8. CardinalVol

Watched one of the best youth baseball games in my life last night in our 12U final.

Giants jumped up 9 to 0 in the first. Reds pitcher throws 41 pitches that inning. Kid settles down, throws 44 pitches next 4 innings. Reds fight back and take an 11 to 10 lead in the 6th. Giants score winner on a walkoff hit with 2 strikes and 2 outs in bottom 6.

Great, great game. Game went until 1045 and I got in trouble for letting it go past curfew. Would make the same decision 100 times out of 100.

kmf600, bigjintx and justingroves like this.
  9. CardinalVol

Last night was the 5th end of the season pool party I've had as a coach..............

Last night was also the 5th time a parent had to jump in the pool to save a kid.

The goal is to break the streak tonight with the girls tee ball party.

10. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

You need to cut back on the kids' alcohol intake, apparently.

CardinalVol likes this.
  11. CardinalVol

It's the sugar rush at the end.

12. CardinalVol

Update - no one fell in the pool. The streak is over.

13. CardinalVol

Decent year for our all star teams. So far 3 for 3 in district titles on the softball side. 8U and 10U baseball up for district titles tonight, and 12U "should" be playing for theirs Thursday.

smokysbark and droski like this.
  14. CardinalVol

Make it 5 for 5.

15. NorrisAlan

You cheat at everything in Maryville?

RockyHill likes this.
  16. CardinalVol

Errrrrrrrrrrr......................

[​IMG]

17. NorrisAlan

I triple dog dare you.

18. CardinalVol

Nah, only football.

In baseball/softball we are just in a very weak district. Our 3 A teams in baseball and 3 teams in softball have had exactly 3 games out of 19 not end in mercy rule. We'll see how well we do at state.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I’m sorry in advance.

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

There’s quite a few times in football that you all had no business winning it.

You all are just incredibly well coached in football.