Coaching and Youth Sports

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by cotton, Mar 25, 2013.

1. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

That's not how I read it, and I can tell you that no bat was allowed in any of our games in the fall that did not have the USA sticker on it.

All Tee Ball bats used in the Little League Baseball® Tee Ball Program must feature the USA Baseball mark and accompanying text and only be used with approved Tee Ball baseballs approved for Little League play. Tee Ball bats that were produced and/or purchased prior to the implementation of the new standard can be certified using an Approved Tee Ball Sticker via the USA Baseball Tee Ball Sticker Program. Approved Tee Ball bats may also be used for Coach Pitch/Machine Pitch Minor Divisions only with the use of approved Tee Balls.

https://www.littleleague.org/playing-rules/bat-information/usa-baseball-bat-standard-faq/

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Can a 11 year old really break a bat that easily? Serious question, because I don't know.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Yes.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

*nods head up an down in agreement*

5. CardinalVol

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

It's never too early for deer antler spray.

CardinalVol and NorrisAlan like this.
  7. cotton

Yes. And they get stepped on and left in the rain and closed in truck doors and suffer every other kind of abuse you can imagine.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  8. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Yeah it has to be a usa tball bat. I cleared it with the head umpire who agrees with my interpretation. There was another article somewhere that confirmed that as well. I’ll look for it

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Has to be a USA tball bat with the sticker. Can’t be one of the old bats

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Q. What bats are recommended for coach pitch and machine pitch leagues?

Both tee ball bats and standard youth bats featuring the USA Baseball certification mark are recommended for coach pitch and machine pitch leagues. Coach pitch and machine pitch leagues that permit the use of USABat tee ball bats should only use approved low compression baseballs. A full list of approved low compression baseballs can be found here: https://usabat.com/approved-tee-balls/

https://www.usabaseball.com/bats

The balls we are using for coach pitch are on the approved list. they aren't "tballs" but are still low compression and on the approved list. are you guys using actual major hard balls?

11. CardinalVol

Don't tempt me. Wife got prescribed steroids for the flu, and I asked her if she'd share some with him.

12. CardinalVol

Yup.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

nevermind then :)

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yeah we use even softer balls for tball. we don't get rid of the compression balls until single A

15. CardinalVol

Pansy CA league, got it.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

ha ha

17. cotton

Yes.

We use a pitching machine until 9. It would eat tee balls anyway.

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Its gonna dent

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

we use a machine for 7 year olds (or at least i do, some managers pitch themselves) and kid pitch starting at 8. what we use is between a t ball and a hard ball and the machine deals with it well. the actual tballs definitely have issues.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yeah i know it will damage the bat. i don't have younger kids so i don't care. they are still compressed so it mostly scratches it. no dents so far. i'll transition him to the real bat later in the year.