Coaching and Youth Sports

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by cotton, Mar 25, 2013.

1. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Mercy rule every game or your team sucks

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

ha.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

7 kids who I would not be afraid to put on the mound. I'll take it.

4. CardinalVol

Caught our pitchers for an hour last night and if there was any remaining doubt im getting old, its gone this morning.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Ha. Yeah by the time my 3rd one turned 9 and me at 45, pitching, catching, running, jumping, all of it, was over.

6. CardinalVol

I knew when I started last night I'd regret it, but man my knees are sore.

7. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

We had a couple youth wood bats (which are lighter) made for a wood bat tourney for 10u couple years back. They didnt last the weekend. One kid tapped it in the grass after striking out causing a slight crack. The other simply could not withstand the pounding. The one that has withstood the test of time has been one made of bamboo.

8. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

12 years olds pitching at 46 feet is just stupid.

9. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I had a bat when I was a kid that I beat the ever loving crap out of and it didn't break until I finally hit a tree with it over and over. Of course, it probably wasn't some slim, light bat used in a game, either.

10. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

we've already had opening day moved and our first game canceled because of the rain and now the only time it's supposed to rain this weekend is right in the middle of our new first game. people here literally have no idea what to do in these situations. i've never seen so many practices and games canceled. i just want to get the season started

11. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I should be less insane about baseball, but the first team we played has a coach who is a great guy, but clueless and has a crazy busy job and really doesn’t have time for this shit and he was drafting guys I had as late rounders early. We played their team and it was like we were playing a tball team. He had the first overall pick in the draft and I know the kid he drafted who is good, but not the best player at all and I feel sorry for the poor kid because he’s going to have a season of getting his ass kicked every game. Ok that was longer than I wanted. I have a problem

12. CardinalVol

Already having my first philosophy debate.

Had decided I was going to make my #1 my weeknight starter and start my #2 on Saturdays. Schedule produced us playing what should be a weak team game 1 and a team that will be good the first Saturday, so I am already waffling on what to do.

13. Ssmiff

Couldnt go due to my injury but my son had himself a good game in lacrosse sunday with 7 goals. He didnt even tell me. Parent that took him to practice last nigjt let me know. Makes me as proud as the goals

14. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Start #1 the first game. Rain-outs and absences are going to ruin any plan, anyway.

justingroves likes this.
  15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You guys count the early games in the standings? We have the first 3 games as exhibition

16. cotton

We do. How many games do you play?

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

We need to start a go fund me page to buy you a giant ass bubble.

I do wish lacrosse was more popular though it looks fun as hell.

I know my 16 year old dumbass would have signed up to knock the shit out of someone with a stick.

18. Ssmiff

I wouldnt get hurt if i didnt go do stupid shit for my age.
    And Lacrosse has been a blessing. He doesnt have the dog in him needed or size for football with todays middle school kids and their size. Kids are huge. He has zero wish to take someones head off. But he competes and is fast and enjoys the contact in this sport, which is all above waist.
    2021 it becomes a TN HS sport. This means funding and more access for more kids to enjoy being a part of a team.
    I would have loved to play in Memphis, but it didnt exist.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I’m not sure for the old kids, but the lower divisions it's between 17-20. edit: i think the majors are around 20.

20. cotton

Our season are more like 12-15, although I do think the pre-season practice stretches on a bit. We don't really have 3 games "to spare."