Coaching and Youth Sports

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by cotton, Mar 25, 2013.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We won 4-3 yesterday on a walkoff.

Top of inning my 2B takes a bad hop off the nose. Has to come off field. My #3 pitcher strikes out their best hitter to end the inning. Bottom half of inning we finally pitch count their starter. #3 hitter gets a single to get on base to do it. The first pitch their second pitcher throws, my clean up hitter one hops the fence (would have been out on all fields but this one). Next batter my 2B with the possible broken nose singles into center to win the game.

Fun fun game.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    droski likes this.
  2. CardinalVol

If you want to see as close as you will ever see to a pitchers duel in 10U league ball, show up at my game tonight. Both starters can pound the zone in the upper 40s and low 50s if they are on. This should be fun.

3. CardinalVol

Lost 5 to 2. Both team played terrible, they just played less bad. Left bases loaded twice and made about 5 errors.

Found out one that made 3 of them stayed home from school with stuff coming out of both ends, so that explained him.

4. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

You guys suck

5. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Baseball Butch's fault, imo.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Size of these middle schoolers is getting on my nerves. Gotta be 14, and its full contact off line.. My son in green shorts doing what he can.

Attached Files:

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Good grief. Lurch had children?

8. Ssmiff

We ended up winning. Huge upset and big game for my son who has been struggling. Dropping balls turning and looking for contact. Undefeated vs winless. This is the third "7th grade" team we have seen with basically all kids over 6 feet. We are 5th and 6th grade playing up and ita been showing.
    You get points for ints and stops on D. We were down 7, scored with 55 seconds left. Coach goes for 2 and we miss it. Other team just needs to complete 2 little arrow routes or 1 yard hitch and they win by one. They try to throw a quick out to the tight slot in trips and Jake jumps it from nickel, parallel and it freaking stuck to his gloves. Int gets 3 points and we won our first game of the year by 2. Hes never been mobbed by teammates before.
    Hes got no football future or probably anything sports college future so im not acting like that. Just a really good day for him. Had one earlier too for 3 points.

utvol0427 likes this.
  9. CardinalVol

Boys finally decided to play ball again and we played well.

Boy just about pegged a kid at second from centerfield. Dang close.

10. CardinalVol

Softball parents are [uck fay]ing insane.

11. Ssmiff

Final weekend. 5 7 v 7 games and 4 lacrosse for my 12 yr old tonight and before 2 tomorrow. At least its not too hot

12. CardinalVol

Water. And bananas. Lots of each.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And start hydrating tonight.

14. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

They tell us to snack on almonds or pretzels too

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

looks like i'm running for the board at my little league. i'll be card soon.

16. CardinalVol

Run away. Far far away.

Otherwise soon you will hate all people.

droski likes this.
  17. Ssmiff

We are on a little team on a roll. Lost Tuesday to one team 35-6 and came back tonight to beat them 24-14. Seeded 8 of 12 tomorrow but beat #2 and #3 seed this week. Other teams QB here must have been 6'3. My son next to him evidently shrinking weekly.

Attached Files:

CardinalVol likes this.
  18. CardinalVol

We've had 152 games rained out this year.

19. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Good lord. I think we had like 30

20. Ssmiff

Welp. Ended up 8 games today. Made it to finals in both but came up short. 7 v 7 got beat by a loaded Ensworth. Went to check on my son a few minutes ago and he is out cold in bed

CardinalVol and justingroves like this.