Coaching and Youth Sports

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by cotton, Mar 25, 2013.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Update - dude emailed regional director. Wow.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

Ssmiff, kmf600 and droski like this.
  3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

did the coach tell the parents before hand that he'd have to do that if she continued to not come to practice? not defending the parent, but just curious. i've had to threaten to do it to get the parents in line, but thankfully never had to pull the trigger.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Seems like attendance policy would be one of the main things covered in the player contract.

Plus conditioning after the next practice if they miss to make up for the absence. Do sport specific conditioning so parents can’t act like you’re being a [penis] to just run them off.

5. CardinalVol

Coach laid out everything at the beginning. This is just a classic case of daddy not realizing litrle girl isnt that good.

droski likes this.
  6. CardinalVol

Won 3 to 1 tonight. Stud went 4 innings, 9 strikeouts.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

My team just got lit up by one of the worst teams in the division. A team we beat the prior two times like a drum. Worst game we’ve played by far all year. Entire team was striking out all game. Fun fun

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  8. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Sometimes when I hear y’alls stories it’s kind of hard to believe and then I remember that 10 ish years from now the dumbest people I know and plenty I don’t who are even dumber will have kids on my team.

justingroves likes this.
  9. CardinalVol

Don't know the head coach, but looked and saw who his two assistants were and this is even more laughable now.

Her team plays after my daughter's game tonight, and I may stick around to watch part of this. And they play the worst team in the league. Would either

a) put her at pitcher first inning and let her be terrible, or

b) let everyone else except her play infield if it's a blow out to drive my point home

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I wouldn't do A.

Either she does have way decent, and it just makes him feel justified in his [itch bay]ing and moaning about the coaches.

Most likely she will suck but I don't think rationalizing it in logical way is going to be the path he takes. It's just going to piss him off even more and be the coaches fault that she sucks.

11. CardinalVol

We are well past that point. It's 100% their fault.

12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

c) bench.

13. CardinalVol

Unfortunately you have to be in field every other inning and continuous batting order.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

so my buddy is the manager of a AAA team. the biggest [penis] parent in the league's kid is that divisions best player. the dad is such an ahole that no one drafted his kid till the 9th round till my buddy did. Because of this his team was by far the best in the division. so the last regular season game the kid hits a routine grounder to the pitcher and gets thrown out at first. he throws his helmet in anger and is now suspended for the first playoff game, which my buddy thinks they'll probably now lose. there's a moral here somewhere.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'd play the kid unless she was also a pain, but i'm too nice about that shit. last night one of my coach's kids spent the game pouting and generally acting like a shit the entire game and i still didnt' bench him. he did hit a base clearing triple at the end of the game though we were already getting our ass kicked and it didn't matter.

16. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Dont punish the girl due to her parents. Unless she had an attitude, then run her till they quit

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'd bet she's not perfection. the biggest ahole parents always have the worst behaving kids in these situations. i have a kid who shows up to games late all the time and 50% of the time he doesn't have his hat or glove or bat or helmet. the parents are a mess (nice though) and he's a mess. i had to talk to them and tell them if it keeps happening i'm going to have to put him at the bottom of the order and sit him every first inning. it's gotten better, but he's still a head case.

18. CardinalVol

Got to throw a guy out of the park tonight. Asked him not to dip, he was a smart ass, did it anyway, I watched him and told him to leave. He threatened to break my neck.

Good times.

19. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

How big a boy are ya?

20. CardinalVol

When he said I could break your neck I just replied go ahead.