Coaching and Youth Sports

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by cotton, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Ravenwood is hosting a team from Arkansas tomorrow and it will be on tv. Supposedly this team punts about once a year, even 4th and long inside their 10, they have gone for it. They run trick plays often and onside kick. Coach says everything is analytics. Usually smaller, they won 5 straight 5A titles. Should be interesting to see. Ravenwood will habe 5 or 6 D1 signees this year. Their little qb Garcia isnt big but is a good player.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Pulaski Academy

Would love to see them in person.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Why have more people not followed suit? Just too radical even given the results?

4. CardinalVol

Just really really ballsy. Even your innovative football coaches have the way its always been played engrained in them. This throws that out the window.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Their coach is really damn good and would be winning a shit ton even if they didn't do all of that stuff.

He just lets it hang out there and has fun too.

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

We had a game last night , so I didn't get to watch it. But that was a big win for you all.

7. CardinalVol

Spread em' out and pounded it up the middle. Got to respect Davis and Maples so you have to cover them and not stack box.

Defense was lights out. Alcoa's QB is a major drop off from last year. He was nowhere near the threat. Plenty good to win 3A, but not the better teams.

8. Ssmiff

Stats for last week for Pulaski qb

Attached Files:

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Kid will look good in a Wazzu uni.

10. Ssmiff

Ravenwood up 14-0 early. 2 drives about 1 minute total.

11. Ssmiff

I will say early on, Grimes for Ravenwood is not very impressive on defense

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

If you can’t pull it off you’ll be the biggest idiot in the history of earth

13. Ssmiff

Mason for Ravenwood with 5 td receptions in first half. I think they jiat said he ranks 2md all time in the state. I wonder if hes Derek Mason's son.

14. Ssmiff

Grimes for Ravenwood a nonfactor. 6-4 250 and not even the best defender on his team.
    47-40 in 4th. Mason for Ravenwood sets a TN HS record with 7 receiving tds.

15. CardinalVol

There's something very satisfying being the old man who whips a bunch of teenagers in laser tag.

kmf600 likes this.
  16. Ssmiff

Brentwood upsets Ravenwood in front of a sro crowd 25-14. 4 D1 commits on ravenwood and none for Brent.

17. Ssmiff

Hat trick for little man vs MBA last night indoor lacrosse. Fun to watch. Won 16-12 and had to be 100 shots during the game,

kmf600 likes this.
  18. CardinalVol

Boy's team finished his regular season at 6-0. Had a nice tackle and I could hear coaches on sideline talking about how well he was doing in coverage. Good night for him and the team.

Our team also went 6-0 and starts our playoffs tonight.

kmf600 and Ssmiff like this.
  19. CardinalVol

Really cool moment last night. We were up big late in the game, had our backups in, our head coach calls timeout. We go out to talk to the team, and he tells them not to tackle the kid on the next play. Special needs kid who just wanted to score one TD. The boys let him, then the other 21 boys on the field all game him a high five/helmet slap. He led his team through the line at the end of the game and was grinning from ear to ear. Was awesome.

NYY, justingroves and utvol0427 like this.
  20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Son made the rock climbing team. This is his kind of sport because he struggles suffering other kids in team sports. When he played soccer he really got angry after games (to me, never to his teammates) because 'they just stand around'.

Ssmiff and CardinalVol like this.