Coaching Confidence/Situations at Tennessee

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Feb 23, 2012.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Suppose every women's bball program had to hire new coaches tomorrow. Who is going to be able to get a coach away from us that UT wants?

The schools that could possibly do that, listed in alphabetical order: Connecticut.

I don't know who the top flight coaches are in the women's game, but we should have no problems hiring one.

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Nikki Caldwell

3. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

Optimistic about Cuonzo. Zero confidence in Dooley.

4. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Whoever follows her will be taking over a strong program (I assume), and I honestly don't see it being a huge deal if she can't live up to Pat. In all honesty, Pat leaving will probably just cause most people to lose whatever interest they had in women's basketball.

5. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Whoever takes over after Pat, the worst thing they can do is to try to be Pat.

Pat Summitt is the only woman that I have literally feared. There was this incident when I was 11 at UT basketball camp that involved a flaming paper airplane made from a poster, water ballons, and female campers dressed to the nines for a dinner. It wasn't pretty for me and my suitemates.....

6. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Not that I really care, but Tennessee is THE program for womens basketball. You would think it would be THE destination job in the coaching circles of female basketball. I just don't forsee the program not being a national title contender year in and year out.