Coaching Vacancies

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Nov 26, 2016.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I hate you

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

PJ Fleck has had success. We'd hire someone from Fleck's conference that got his ass handed to him by Fleck every year, then Florida will hire Fleck the next season after McElwain goes 4-8, with one of the four being against UT.

3. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

still don't understand the love for fleck.

4. AbeFroman

AbeFroman Member

Dude had family connections and still got canned, yet we still have Jones after he lost to the commodes twice. WTF.

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

You know it is. You think it's impossible until they are.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

6. LittleDTO

LittleDTO New Member

Word is, Harbaugh from Michigan is targeted for the rams. No source other than a few guys on sports radio.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Any team serious enough to win should target him. Now, will he listen? He does strike me as the vagabond type, though, always looking for the 'right fit'.

8. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

He'll leave Michigan for the NFL, but I doubt it's this soon.

9. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

gut feeling tells me the same thing.

anyway, some yahoo article told me this morning that the rams are more interested in pete carroll.

10. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

Florida will go big on their next hire. They can't go Fleck with the likes of Jimbo and Richt in their own state, not to mention Kiffin now who will probably snipe a few recruits.

11. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Harbaugh is making 9 mil a year at a job that is less stressful than the NFL. He makes 2 million more per year than Fisher was making. I don't see him leaving.

12. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

You can be quirky and weird as a college coach around 19 year olds who aren't making any money.... Quirky and weird around grown ass men making more than you doesn't play very well... I have a hard time seeing Harbaugh back in the NFL.

13. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Florida will hire Lane Kiffin in 3 years, and he'll dominate us for a decade.

14. Savage Orange

Because Berch will win just enough to keep from getting fired and we'll be stuck with his no goodnik ass from now on...

15. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Not possible. Jones turned down Michigan to stay here. Lol

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I hope they hire Kiffin.

17. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

If the stars align just right, maybe we'll make an Outback Bowl in a few years. And then one day, when my son has a son of his own, he'll be able to share that memory and they'll bond over the glory days, before all the 4-8, 3-9 seasons began piling up. I dunno, that's just my sappy little fantasy.

18. Savage Orange

My daughter straight up asked me, "Dad, why are you even a Tennessee fan? They suck!"

Much like Holly Warlick, I didn't have an answer...

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Don't know that I'd have adopted the fandom if I were growing up right now.

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Especially with the SEC Network, the B1G network, etc. You can watch every major team play every game every weekend. I think this is one of the main reasons that you see so many fans around knoxville now of other schools. You don't have it forced on you because that is all there is any longer.

And UT needs to recognize this now or they will lose their local fans in 20-40 years.