Coaching Vacancies

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Nov 26, 2016.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I get it about TV and all, but I still can't imagine growing up in Tennessee and being a fan of Michigan, or whoever.

Yeah, I root for AC Milan, but it's not like there's an option for that here.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

one son says he is a cal fan. favorite player on any team is chad Hansen.

other says he only likes teams who win all the time. likes Alabama the best.

not sure which outcome I should root for.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yup. even living in southern California compared to northern say 15 years ago i'd only get usc and ucla and whatever national games there were. might get half a dozen cal games a year max. now I and anyone else can watch any game they want. makes it a lot easier to follow non local teams.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Filicide is an option here.

5. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I've explained that rooting for the best team is frontrunning, but he doesn't quite get it. his favorite animal is also the elephant so that's a factor as well.

6. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

He'd make a great Georgian. Worst bunch of frontrunners I've ever seen. The amount of brand new Bama gear around here is staggering. It was most certainly exchanged out from Florida gear, Florida State or Miami before that. There used to be a bunch of Nebraska fans here to iin the 90's....

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

I like usc when I was his age, so i'm hoping he can grow out of it.

8. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

It'll be him or Gruden...something that adds a little extra salt to the wound every year when we lose to them. We are Tennessee, after all.

Kiffin's resume from FAU to Oakland looks incredibly impressive and makes more sense in reverse chronological order.

9. TangoUniform

TangoUniform Contributor

hell fire... we only had to wait 58 years between 1950 and 1998..

even being flimsy about it and counting the Litkenhous national championship from 1967 ... that's 30 years right there.

So I'm guessing we're keeping on this same kind of pace... which means we're on track right now to be in contention for a national championship sometime between 2028 and 2048...

...which means we've gotta wait a minimum of 12 more years before being in the thick of it all.

10. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

48 years...

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Whew, mine would be getting coal for Christmas.

Sent from my R1 HD using Tapatalk

12. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

PJ Fleck to Minnesota. Western Michigan now open.

13. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Go home Botch

14. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

We need to get the masses tweeting at Butch, wishing him well at Western Mich.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Yes

16. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

That wouldn't leave us much time to hire a replacement, and we still don't have an AD.

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Looks like they'll have no choice but to hand the checkbook to me. Get ready for Gruden as HC and Chip Kelly as OC for a cool 20 million a year.

18. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Maybe Kippy Brown would come in and interim for the year.

19. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I say we just go away for a while and take the 17 season off. People will go nuts for the return and new look in '18. Works for pro wrestlers.

20. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

They're good at making hype videos (before we're let down) so that's not a bad idea. Maybe do like Sting and have Peyton standing on top of the jumbotron, looking down into Neyland (slowly moves focus to camera and simply says, "we're back." Boom.