Cod: Mw3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by XXROCKYTOPXX, Oct 20, 2011.

1. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

I didn't think it was that bad. My main problem is just not being familiar with the setup. I had fun last night though.

2. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

ground war is awesome

3. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

The more I play this game the more I like it. Sure, it's like MW2 in many ways but there's also plenty of differences too. Anyone started the campaign yet? I might do that this weekend.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not doing the MW thing this time around (enjoying the BF style), but I found the news coverage of the midnight release violence to be refreshingly fair. Most times they make gamers out to be crazed freaks, but this time they correctly pointed out the vast numbers of people who did nothing illegal or violent, and the overall "mainstream" nature of gaming now. Obviously some bad apples will get mixed in with such a large group.

Although the 18 year old trying to rob folks with a gun for their game as they left the store was a bit disturbing, here in Colorado.

5. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Check this out...

DailyTech - 6,000 Copies of MW3 Stolen in Delivery Truck Robbery

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Wow, that is a lot of copies. It will be interesting to see if there is a ban wave on pirates this time around. I am betting there won't be.

7. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Love this commercial

[video=youtube;zuzaxlddWbk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuzaxlddWbk[/video]

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Haha, that commercial does capture the FPS veteran/noob dynamic. It is funny because "noob" is sometimes used as an insult, but generally is as much a slight ribbing to the endearing and ever-present "new guy." Unless they screwed something up for you. Then they are categorized not as a noob, but as a "[uck fay]ing noob."

9. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

not all noobs are new guys. there are a lot of shit players out there

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I bought it. Where the 360 folks be is?

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, I'm sticking with Battlefield.

12. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Snake, were you jerkin my chain the other night about VIBIN55? If not how do you know?

13. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

it's him, dill can verify

14. BearCat204

BearCat204 Chieftain

So long COD.......I have tried everything I possibly can to enjoy this game, but I just hate the [uck fay] out of it. Maybe its because I am not really any good, or maybe I just hate some of the bullshit with the game, but I can honestly say I gave it a fair chance. Aftrer putting a week or so into it, I just cant get into it. Just in case anyone was wondering, I hate this game :)

15. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

its taken some time to get use to no doubt. i agree its the worst cod so far

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not buying it, but could you guys run down some of the shortcomings and weaknesses? Just curious.

17. Snakeonia

Snakeonia Active Member

hit detection is awful, you can light a guy up and he ends up killing you. when you watch the kill cam the guy hits one time and it shows you getting lit up. however during the gun fight you can get hit once and die, but on the kill cam it shows him lighting you up. also deaths when you run around the corner thinking you have cover and you end up dying all the sudden.

way to many buildings which promotes camping and makes kill streaks basically worthless.

to me it seems that the guns are like the least realistic that they've been in a while. just seems like an arcade mode.

quick sniping is the dumbest thing i've ever seen. why they keep bringing it back blows my mind.

that's just my opinion

18. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

I'm glad someone else posted something about the hit detection. I wasn't sure whether or not to blame that whole issue on lag, the increased gun kick in this game, or an actual failure in the game's mechanics. The connection I play on is pretty stable and I unloaded an entire clip into a guy point blank the other night and it literally took almost a whole 2 seconds for the the bullets to register.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  19. Duckman

Duckman Chieftain

That being said, though, i've still had fun playing it for the most part. There's nothing really new in multiplayer and the maps leave a lot to be desired with how bland and similar alot of them are in design......but it's still your typical run of the mill CoD online gameplay. It's fun, but probably one of the weaker entries in the series as far as online play goes. At the moment I would probably put it 4th in the recent series of games behind WaW, CoD 4, and Black Ops.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  20. =rpvol=

=rpvol= Member

i agree with the hit detection. it is the worst out of the last 4 by far.