College Basketball 2016/17

Discussion in 'Sports' started by The Dooz, Nov 12, 2016.

1. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

I don't know the circumstances, but in general I agree with you. He should have told the media and conference to kiss his ass, he'd handle his player.

2. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Pushing off some guy from Elon? What are you talking about?

3. cotton

4. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I don't even know what you're trying to argue.

But to clear, we (as in myself and others) are taking issue with the the fact that he tripped a kid in reaction to the kid drawing a foul off of him. Which is a [itch bay] move, akin to kicking a guy in the [penis], regardless of whether it is in the NBA finals or some random December game against Nobody College. They are both [itch bay] moves.

And then add to the fact he's had a similar reaction 2 times before.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I agree it gets more attention because of who he is and plays for but that is just circumstantial

6. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

[itch bay]ez always be trippin'...

7. NashVol11

NashVol11 Well-Known Member

I don't know the whole story either, I just know that I got a notification this morning that said "ACC to review Grayson Allen's technical to see if further punishment warranted" and then got another one, 30 minutes later, "Breaking: Duke suspends Grayson Allen"

8. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Best thing that could happened to him is someone drop him after a move like this.

9. cotton

I'm trying to argue the apparently highly controversial opinion that the thing Allen did isn't a big deal, [itch bay] move or not. He kicked at the guy he got tangled up with. This is perceived as some monumental issue for reasons that are completely phony.

10. cotton

Why would that be a good thing for him?

11. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I think because it's like the third time he's pulled crap like this. It's a pattern.

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

As an isolated incident, yes, the outrage over what happened yesterday would be phony.

However, it's not an isolated incident. This is now the third time he has done this. This is dirty and calculated. It's a problem.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

That wasn't "getting tangled up". Allen had a history of doing this nonsense

14. cotton

Yes. This should be the lead story on msn (it was on my bing feed about an hour ago.) A college basketball player almost tripped his opponent, and he did it on purpose, and he's done it on purpose before.

I can list half a dozen NBA players who do worse on a nightly basis, and I don't even watch NBA. There are always plenty of punk college players, too, but since they aren't the spawn of Christian Laettner, 1)nobody knows, and 2)nobody cares.

This is blown way out of proportion.

15. cotton

And deserved a foul and a tech.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

At some point foul and a tech aren't getting the message through

17. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Give me six NBA players who trip their opponents on a nightly basis.

18. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

His reaction both immediately after it happened, and after the game indicate there is far more going on here and he's incapable of handling it himself. Hopefully the suspension gives the school a chance to help him get his shit together too.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He's a high profile athlete that plays for a coach rammed down our throats as always doing it the right way. It's a [itch bay] move, and it's been done three times this year alone. And his little temper tantrum only fuels the fire.

It's the same reason people make a big deal out of LeBron flopping, because, in theory, he should be above it.

20. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Wonderful first half performance.