College Football 2020

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Apr 26, 2020.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

They're limp if they are wet. So when you go to wipe your mouth or something, they go limp rather than presenting a flat surface. And a wet napkin is one that has been heavily used so the person is "about all finished" with their meal. They're done, used up. That's always been my interpretation of the phrase, anyway.

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I havent heard wet napkin outside of urban dictionary.
    Have heard wet blanket.
    Have heard fold like a cheap suit.
    Dont know why youd fold a wet napkin unless a little ocd of how you throw it away

3. Ssmiff

Attached Files:

utvol0427 likes this.
  4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Cade won his appeal.

NorrisAlan, Volgrad98 and Memtownvol like this.
  5. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

AEE1F6C6-08B1-4135-924B-936A56566595.gif

justingroves, A-Smith and Memtownvol like this.
  6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This OL is going to be nasty.

7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

A wet napkin is just a fancy man’s soggy biscuit.

dknash likes this.
  8. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Welp, season will definitely be canceled now.

9. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

[​IMG]

10. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

UGA fans are such massive [ussies pay].

IP, Memtownvol, SetVol13 and 2 others like this.
  11. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

This is good gif work. I need to add this to my repertoire

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Now that Cade Mays has won his appeal, can UT inquire as to what was the grounds for the original decision being overturned? Is it simply that eligibility for this year doesn't count anyway? Was there some factor that was overlooked before or further investigated this time?

I want consistency and transparency. This is a tremendous burden of uncertainty and personal risk to put on college students, for no discernable reason. If they are accepting any input from the school/coach that they are leaving beyond a transcript, they are not keeping the student's interests and that is really the only reason to have an NCAA.
    According to the NCAA this is what they are and their purpose: ( ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/ncaa-101/what-ncaa ):
    So how does holding a guy in good academic standing and progressing towards a degree OFF THE FIELD ever help him succeed on the field and in life, if he is transferring once for WHATEVER reason? How does the input of the coaching staff he is leaving possibly matter if he is deciding to leave and in good academic standing? They are so far off the rails, it isn't even funny. I think it was Lamar Alexander who recently said, when there has finally been some nonpartisan inquiry from Congress on what exactly the NCAA is doing to and for student-athletes, who suggested the following:

https://www.alexander.senate.gov/pu...eases?ID=35D6F7EC-5BD1-45EA-9DA6-CF607911878A

WHAT?! No no, the NCAA has already been the ones making the rules and is exactly how we got here. WHAT?!

I hope he studies this further and reconsiders this position before it gets too far down the road. The NCAA needs to become a lot, LOT more transparent and consistent, methodical you might say, before I would trust them with taking this on. And I don't see why they should be in charge of it at all, to be honest unless the student-athletes themselves are a major part of the rule-making and must give consent to it.

InVolNerable likes this.
  13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[​IMG]

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Couldn’t work my way through all that right this second but I have wondered whether or not there’s some problem or issue or something on our end because we keep having this happen repeatedly

SetVol13 and IP like this.
  15. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Devils advocate, on their bright side is they've made their statement about covid by delaying play. Now this way if little or no consequences happen they're tarnished but good because they will make some money this season now. On the other hand if things go south they're in good position to say I told you so.

16. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

“I told you so” might not be a very effective argument when you end up playing anyway. This is particularly true when you rush your implementation of protocols because you hadn’t planned on playing. It’s entirely possible the SEC/ACC would be in a better/safer spot to start as a result.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's a good point. I hadn't thought about it that way.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Also a good point. Either way, the conferences all have cover of some sort.

19. Ssmiff

Noticed JG and other qbs going to only talk to the OL and then turn to rb on a check. Nothing given to wrs, so its not a pass. Surprised to see it happen so often.. run every time and with JG, it meant a run to the side he turned his head

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
    2Maggitt2Quit, TennTradition and IP like this.
  20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

ND/Wake postponed Saturday.