Comcast is just mercilessly mercilessly sodomizing me

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kidbourbon, Mar 4, 2014.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I"m prolly gonna end up dropping comcast, stealing wifi from the neighbors for a couple months, and then going back in with Comcast on internet alone. I'm really not that cheap, but they're just gouging me on the internet-only option. They pretty much don't give you the option of downgrading.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Really? I'll have to get SEC digital downloaded for my Roku.

And for the record, kid, you don't know slow internet. I have DSL. Extended network DSL. Like max 520k DSL. and I'm glad to have it. I'm the last home on the line that can get it. My mom lives 500 yds from me & can't even get that.

3. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I don't. I actually Pay comcast but I have their 50 down / 10 up internet and the premium cable. Added a phone line to be considered an upgrage and got a package. I think I pay on the order of $175 a month.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

My wife and I just trade whose name the account it in over and over to always have the new customer promotional.

5. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Jay's idea of the portable LTE unit in DC would be a very good option for you. If you have decent cellular coverage, that might work. Might have data plan size issues, but it could work.

6. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

It was good enough. It was the way I was getting watch ESPN without having to dock my laptop to my system. When I moved and didn't have a built in with the space, the wife frowned on my parading in the laptop and watching games.

They've continued to upgrade the picture. I rarely use it now that watchESPN is on ROKU or my son's XBox.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

hulu plus has all amc shows I believe.

8. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Boundle for a year and it is like $100. After the year bounce all three for two months.

After two months try to get a bundle deal by claiming to be a new CABLE customer. Ask for managers.

I just got something for 6 free months a few months ago because they billed me for something I felt they shouldn't have.

Alternatively, get married but don't group names to comcast. We did that, so one of us is always a new customer.

9. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Move to one of the high rises and get Fios. Problem solved.

10. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I'm on board with Roku like BPV. There are a pretty good amount of channels on there but don't expect it to be like cable because it isn't. Check out this site - http://www.thisiscable.com/ -this is where my wife goes every time she decides to she needs to put a boot up the cable provider's ass. You can put in your address and check out the promotions, availability, etc, of cable providers in your area. It's a little work, but maybe it will help. Good Luck.

11. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Just got an email. Dish is picking up SEC.

12. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Call up and see what they will give you for the bundle triple play thing. Last year I dropped $50/month by just adding a phone.

My package is similar to BPV, but I got free DVR for 6 months and a year of HBO and Starz for free.

I'm going to have to cancel the phone in two months, and then either rotate accounts or figure something else out.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Kid, my lady friend in DC uses some sort of Verizon DSL deal. No TV and it isn't super fast, but fast enough for most any normal person. It is less than comcast. Look into it.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Damn, this is serious business. Don't screw around with Float.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I do it, too. Bet a ton of people do.

16. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Float is the most terrifying person that I do not know.

17. kidbourbon

Okay, I think you might have just convinced me to enlist the services of my Dad. The fact that he lives in Charlotte is a minor detail

18. kidbourbon

It still isn't great. If you don't do the contract they make you bundle the DSL with a land line. And they have two versions of DSL: slow and workable. I actually don't know what it is for the workable option, because I x'd out the chat window I was in when a person of importance walked in my office. But it was 35/month for the slow DSL option.

19. kidbourbon

I'll look into it. I didn't realize 4G was that fast.

20. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

I have comcast. I tried to cancel and they sent me to the "retention" group. They gave me the same deal as the new customers. They said call back when the deal is over and ask for the retention group.