Come home.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Nov 27, 2016.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There's a difference between being a vagina and a female

2. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I used to but now I never want to know, I'm content in my ignorance on this one. I hate it for those that actually know what went down. If found out to be true of what was being said about JG wanting to come here (with concrete evidence), I'd probably never look at Tennessee athletics the same ever again.

I can deal with the hearsay.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It sucks

4. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

It would drive me nuts.

5. dtmvol

dtmvol Member

I'm one that would like to hear the details.

I have never understood why it is described in terms of innuendos and inferences rarher than just spelling it out.

6. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Especially after 4 years. While it was happening is understandable. Now, don't see the harm in spilling the beans. If anything, we should want as much info available to the masses as possible.

Imagine arming the fan base with the idea that Gruden was a reality and not just an Internet rumor?

7. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

It was spelled out in a thread last season. I'll try to link it if I can.

8. GahLee

There were a lot of things said, maybe I missed it but I don't recall anyone really coming out and saying exactly what happened.

9. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

My wife didn't believe it until last year when someone asked me about it and I still stood firm.

We were somewhere a few days ago and she asked people to stop tallying about it because she could tell I was about to cry.

10. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

11. GahLee

Where in in the 17 pages am I supposed to be looking?

12. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Midway through maybe

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

A group of boosters had a deal worked out with Gruden. Hart, Haslam and a few others opposed it. Cheek "gifted" the athletic department the exact amount of money spent on Butch and his "best staff in America".

Hart called Butch, met him, hired him and had him in Knoxville within 36 hours

14. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

The main reason for the ones opposing Gruden was something to do with being more lenient on letting certain kids into school ? I can't remember. I don't understand why Haslam would have opposed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

You're better off.

16. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

When's the last time the Haslams did anything that made sense?

17. dtmvol

dtmvol Member

That is the gist of it, from what I can tell. When the topic comes up, there are sometimes comments about "all the details" or "the full story" as if there is a lot more to it.

It would be interesting to know how far along things really were. If JG and a booster had a chat and essentially agreed on a number, that is one level, and may indicate curiosity but not a real commitment. If many details had been worked out, memorandum of intent (?) had been signed, pieces were being put in place, both parties clearly were committed to making it happen and then the rug got pulled out, that is another level entirely.

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

He was building a staff. And it was so far along that one of them resigned his position.

19. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

I've still got friends that give me shit for believing the Internet Grumors... I've stopped talking UT with them completely or lifelong friendships would have been flushed.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yep, it was done