Comey Testimony

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

DOW hits all-time high at conclusion of Comey testimony.

Still think you've won the day, Un?

2. Tenacious D

You know that it is well within POTUS' Constitutional powers to end ANY investigation, at ANY time, for ANY reason, right Un?

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Because, as he noted, he knew Trump was a liar, based upon his experiences, and didn't trust him. This is the common theme with pretty much anyone that works with Trump. He lies. He lies a lot. He's just a fundamentally dishonest person and documenting conversations is how you handle being with a liar.

4. Tenacious D

Today is why Trump didn't invoke Executive Privelage to prevent Comey's testimony.

Hell, it ought to be pared down, mixed with "We are the Champions" and released as a campaign ad.

5. Unimane

I'm sorry, does one have to do with the other?

Check that approval rating, though, for Trumpy. Surely, it will go up with such an uproarious succes of a day for Trump, right?

6. Unimane

Oh, please, I would love for Trump to do this. Please, pretty please. Man, I would love the shit show that would cause. An incoherent McCain couldn't even save Trump from that mess.

Answer why Trump asked his AG and advisers to leave the room to ask Comey to "let it go" in regards to Flynn?

7. Tenacious D

But he trusted Hillary F'ing Clinton - while he was investigating her?

And we still don't know if Comey's recollection is even accurate, in whole or in part.

He's a self-appointed leader of the Deep State #resistance, and now he can work on his memoirs.

8. Unimane

Yeah, Clinton might have still won and avoided all this unnecessary stress for him.

9. Tenacious D

Wait...don't you teach this shit?

Are you saying that he doesn't have the power to do EXACTLY as I described??

If you think McCain and Trump are friends, I honestly want you to go and check your sugar levels.

Why'd he ask them to leave? Because he didn't want them in there? He wanted to talk privately with Comey, you know, as he did with Obama?

Is that illegal? Inappropriate?

What about if he'd passed him closely in a hallway? Misdemeanor?

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

[video=youtube;MJ15ymETv-s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ15ymETv-s[/video]

11. Tenacious D

[​IMG]

12. Tenacious D

Well, GCB is going to be touching himself now, but he'll be angry with himself for doing so.

Un will now argue that Dershowitz is a Republican, a shitty lawyer, a Trump shrill or a Russian plant.

13. Unimane

Oh yeah, it's a he said-known lying sack of shit said sort of thing here, which will make it difficult to end this in anything other than public image damage for Trump. So, yeah, it should say something that this Washington guy felt that Trump was so bluntly dishonest and duplicitous that he felt the need to document the conversations. Comey is the evidence in this case, not e-mails, as well. The "Deep State" stuff is merely part of the devices the Trump team uses to discredit opposition to create the type of autocratic state he desires.

14. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

It's apparent several of us had Stretch Armstrong as kids.

15. Tenacious D

The D.C. guy is the honest one here.

Got it.

16. Tenacious D

We talking stroke or tug?

17. Tenacious D

Let's see some more links on Russian collusion!

That shit's going to go away faster than BLM.

18. Unimane

Wait, you aren't realizing that McCain, Cruz, Rubio and others have sold themselves out to benefit from the Republican support of Trump? Do you not know how politics works?

So, he wanted to talk privately with Comey about dropping an investigation that touches a little too closely to his administration, something not even close to the same realm of topic when he met with Obama. You aren't even registering with the elephant in the middle of the room?

19. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Let your imagination run free.

20. Unimane

Appears so. The blatant lying by Trump is so widespread, documented and ubiquitous that, if you can't even acknowledge this basic reality, then I don't know what basis of fact we can discuss this matter upon.

I would like to know when Comey has been busted in a lie, though. I mean, just saying "D.C. guy" means nothing. I agree we can argue his judgment, politicizing, whatever, but he seems to be truthful, based upon my observations.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017