Coming Soon.......The movie thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Apr 20, 2013.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's either going to be an awesome trip through the spiderverse or just really hard to follow

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, I have some concerns.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't know how they make the story not extremely confusing but they made the Spiderverse cartoon movie that was great, so we'll see. Marvel rarely misses.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Not so sure about that. They're volume shooters these days.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm thinking Loki has replaced Strange and is [uck fay]ing with the timeline out of spite, that explains why Strange does something as reckless as reversing time

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

How does he get rid of the Sorcerer Supreme? Unless Strange is off in the multiverse trying to fix things.

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Nah, most everything is quality. Marvel is no Russell Westbrook.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's the God of mischief, I'm sure he's got something up his sleeve. I'm not saying it's going to happen, just saying it's an idea of how this is going to go

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The inhumans were terrible. Thor 2 wasn't very good and Iron Man 3 sucked

IP likes this.
  10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 was a significant downgrade from the 1st. Thor 1 was meh. Black Panther was pedestrian. Age of Ultron was not compelling. If you look at movies as stand-alones, there are weak ones. It is only because of how they contribute to the whole that they are worth watching/rewatching.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I've never really looked at any of them as stand alone movies but you're right, there's a few that aren't really stand alone worthy.

I really liked GoG 2, though

12. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I liked iron man 3 fine. Thor 1/2 are definitely at the bottom for me though

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

And everyone can agree that the pre-MCU movies with Hulk, the Sony Spidermans, Fantastic Four movies, Blade 3, etc. were just not consistently good. I realize that is a broader "Marvel movie" look than what is usually referred to.

justingroves likes this.
  14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Hulk was awful. Just awful. It's the worst by a mile.

I thought original Thor was fine. I didn't like the next 2, and am highly suspicious of the 4th installment.

Iron Man 3 was meh. It served it's purpose.

I liked both GOGs.

I'm not overly worried about the new Spiderman. We've already got our Dr. Strange is really Mephisto rumors going though!

15. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Ragnarok was awesome. What are you, a commie?

JohnnyQuickkick and justingroves like this.
  16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The first Blade was pretty damn good and it kind of kick started the comic movie trend up again.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

Everyone is Mephisto, it’s dumb

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Blade 2 was decent too. 3 was real bad.

justingroves likes this.
  19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If Kang is going to be the next big bad, I don't see how he's in the plans at all right now.

20. JohnnyQuickkick

It was mostly with WandaVision, there were a million articles about how everyone was actually Mephisto