Coming Soon.......The movie thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Apr 20, 2013.

1. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Sybok before enlightenment

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It wasn't bad, but it wasn't as good as it could have been.

I did laugh at the whole movie being Stark telling Banner though.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I agree with this. I'll go so far as really good mainly due to the visuals, but it felt a little too much like a toy commercial at the end.

4. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I enjoyed the movie, but it was easily the worst one yet.

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I agree. There were some problems with all three of them. For me, it ranks behind the other two, but I don't consider it by too wide a margin..

6. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I thought Crowe was the weakest of the bunch but I didn't think he was awful. I generally didn't have any problem with the casting. Marius was a pretty boy for sure though.

For me the biggest thing was how up close and personal the film medium made it. Just a perspective/feel you can't get (or at least i didn't) from the stage. I really dug it for that reason.

Fwiw I'm not saying it's better than on stage, just different.

7. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I really enjoyed the first movie, I'll watch the 2nd and now 3rd one if I see it on TV, but there's something about the first one I really like.

8. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Star Trek was amazing. I was extremely pleased with it. You should definitely watch it in theaters.

9. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

If the Tennessee Stage Company put on a production of Les Mis in Knoxville, they could choose among thousands around the city that would do a better Javert than Crowe. And this would be the case in every metropolitan area in the country. Casting Russell Crowe in that role was inexcusable.

10. Volmaul

Volmaul New Member

Yes.

11. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

The touring Broadway production played a small theater in the my college town. The intimacy provided by the size of the venue afforded a more personal interpretation of Les Mis. I've seen Tony and Tina's Weeding in NY, Rent in San Fran, multiple productions of The Phantom, but that was my favorite theater experience.

12. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

That would be great. I agree with jqk about the movie really enhancing the story. Saw it on Broadway and it can be tough to follow if you don't already understand the plot.

13. possumslayer

possumslayer Roadkill Guru

Going to see star trek tomorrow.

14. OrangeEmpire

Forgot I made this

Gatsby was aight.

Really enjoyed Star Trek on Imax and the 3d was annoying at times.

The USS Vengeance.......spectacular!

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Saw Les Mis in London with the rotating stage. It was pretty neat.

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I saw the last Star Trek in Imax. I made it a point to see it in a regular cinema this time around.

I thought it was awesome. I enjoyed it more than the last one, but I was so disappointed with seeing it in Imax that I'm afraid to say which I thought was truly better.

17. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Just watched Now You See Me, the movie about magicians who rob banks. It's okay, but probably a renter. The Prestige or The Illusionist are much better films about magic, imo.

18. possumslayer

possumslayer Roadkill Guru

Did Morgan Freeman die?

19. _Crew_

_Crew_ Contributor

20. OrangeEmpire

Well, I worked mtself up to a tizzy of Man of Steel.

I am more giddy for the Lex Luthor intro aka Joker in Batman Begins.

It better not be simply just a LexCorp cameo.