Coming Soon.......The movie thread

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by OrangeEmpire, Apr 20, 2013.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Towards the end, lot of that suggested. Never on screen.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Personally, I'd prefer that Hollywood not make another super hero film for the next 20 years.

3. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

The new Halloween isn't the worst movie I've ever seen, but damn its terribly awful, from beginning to end.

And not even sort of kitschy and funny awful, but in a stupidly terrible, dumb, uninteresting, and nonsensical sort of way.

For example - do you know how it's a well-worn trope that people in horror movies make terrible decisions ("let's split up", "I'm going back inside", "I'm totally sure that the black guy won't get killed.", etc.) - this is now such standard fare in horror movies as to be expected. Well, Halloween features shit like the people are sitting in a completely safe and impenetrable environment, literally loaded with guns and boxes of ammo, with only one way in and out...and which is 1,000% hidden, and completely unbeknownst to the killer (Michael Myers)...and they not only start shooting at the sound of his footsteps through the ceiling / floor (giving away their hiding spot), but then choose to leave the safe confines of the (again) impenetrable room filled with guns, to hunt the killer down in a dark house with no lights.

I've already spent too many words beyond what the movie was worth my caring to write. It was easily the worst movie I've seen in several years. Maybe bottom 5-10, all-time.

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Fair enough, but I feel pretty much the same way about horror movies.

5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

6. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Avengers 4 trailer dropping Friday morning.

7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

8. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Random thought about Blindside: Was the book corny, one-sided and terrible like the movie?

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Gonna be badass

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Nope. Not at all.

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Saw Bohemian Rhapsody last weekend. It was matinee prices good. The acting is superb, and there is one really cheesy funny scene that is fantastic.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Rami Malek came as close as possible to sounding like Freddie without being Freddie.

14. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

He reallys sings?

15. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Yes

16. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Most all of the related music credits listed Queen as the performer, so I'm thinking he doesn't do all that much. I was actually curious about that. I'm thinking it was limited to some of the smaller bits in between big musical numbers. Those seemed to be spot on along with speaking voice, mannerisms, body language as I recall anyway.

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

In the singing I could hear just a minute difference in the voice. I think it was him.

18. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Aquaman was terrible.

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

If you were a woman, you'd probably appreciate it a little more

20. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

We went to They Shall Not Grow Old yesterday, it was very well done.