Conditioned Losers/Culture Change Needed

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by lylsmorr, Sep 22, 2018.

1. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

TREY SMITH watched that shit happen. Watched. It. Happen.

There are no leaders on this team.

TennTradition likes this.
  2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

It was crazy. Almost made me wonder if JG isn't popular amongst the team, but he seems like a likable dude.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I couldn't believe it. I wonder that same thing now. Still a really shitty thing to do. I don't think anyone even helped him up.

4. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I brought this up in the chat, but I remember this preseason quote from Rumph during an interview with Hyams.

When I asked Vols do-defensive coordinator Chris Rumph in a one-on-one interview about the talent the staff inherited, he provided insight into the psyche that was inherited.

At first, he said: “It’s good talent, man. Just good talent.’’

Then, he added: “It’s a little bit like a dog that’s been abused a little bit,’’ Rumph said of UT’s players. “Sort of shy. They don’t really want to look you in the eye.

“If you raise your voice a little bit, they sort of, I don’t want to say cower down, but sort of get in a submissive role. And that’s expected for what they’ve been through. And I’ve been there before.’’

lylsmorr likes this.
  5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Decided to add in culture change.

Things I saw tonight that are unacceptable from the "old guard":

1) Shamberger shaking his head like a freaking moron after the KO touchback when UT was only down 7. His body language was shit for the entire game.
    2) Absolutely no one taking up for Guarantano after the cheap shot. Players looked apathetic and scared
    3) Quitting, obviously. I swear that #7 dropped a perfectly placed pass on purpose. It looked like he was shaving points.
    4) #70 stopped doing anything on a play and watched the running back get tackled by the guy he was supposed to block.

What else?

6. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

Players could have PBTSD and be forever tarnished. Do we need a sports psychologist?

7. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

8. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Good job, Pruitt. Not hot headed. Just the facts.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

He may be emotionally invested in the game but I don't think he's a hot head.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

11. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

What he really wants to say is he wants to fast forward to the 2nd signing day and spring practice. Roster turnover is priority #1.

12. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Agreed. And for lack of a better term it is an illness that eventually pulls those that may not start with it in.

Tonite was built to be one of those games where you start turning that corner or watching it completely go unhinged.

Right now (as they stand) if he finds 5 wins he has made a step because they re starring 3-9 square in the face.

13. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Unless they are a facing g a 4-8 team with an actual first year head coach.

14. GahLee

Aren't you like 19 years old? [uck fay]ing kid. You've never seen UT be great. Take a seat a shut the [uck fay] up, we would all appreciate it.

15. GahLee

One conference game. My god, the UT condition is real. Bunch of [uck fay]ing [ussies pay].

16. GahLee

Ronnie Milsap could see that the OL is a complete bust. So congrats on seeing how the offense might struggle. hard to call plays when you can't trust the OL to block anyone.

MaconVol likes this.
  17. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

It's a little late for a culture change. This is going to go on for another 10-15 years minimum. How many 0-8 conference seasons would it take for you guys to accept this program is dead?

18. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

justingroves likes this.
  19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It's obviously both. The butch effect is undeniable and well documented. Several of those players could still be brought along with the right approach. Pruitt & co. is either incapable or uninterested in doing so at this point. I hope it's uninterested.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think he isn't going to waste time on lost causes

Tenacious D likes this.