Cop arrests nurse for not drawing blood

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by VolDad, Sep 1, 2017.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Thanks

2. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Take the asshole's blood than. You kill someone, you lose some basic rights. I'm ok with that.

You don't get dead guy victim's blood without consent or a warrant. **** the lawyers and cops that want otherwise

3. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Well, the hospital would have already drawn his blood and tested it without his consent or a warrant. The cop merely wants that blood to send to their laboratory. In my experience dealing with a whole lot of families of dead guy victims, no one has ever, not once, complained of a blood sample being taken. In my jurisdiction, where no magic 30 minute warrant exists, exigent circumstances routinely exist for the taking of blood without a warrant. I find that that dead guy victim's family doesn't care for it when we just toss up our hands and say, "well shit, no time to get a warrant. Sorry dead guy."

4. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

If you can't get a warrant faster than the metabolism of a hospitalized person, you have a worthless system, or worthless group of leaders.

Reflect inward.

5. fl0at_

In a world where rape kits are back logged for a year, I'll take the hospitals lab results over yours. If they've already done it, supenoa those results if it's not such a big deal.

If it is, you're putting emotion over logic.

6. fl0at_

Start throwing your hands up more, see how long it starts taking afterwards.

You serve best by serving what is right, not what makes someone's family "feel better."

7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Okay Nancy.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

8. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I can't speak on departments that do their own labs, but the TBI lab and its people are phenomenal. You can "take" the hospital's results all you want, but when you actually work in this field rather than message board commentate, I assure it's a different ballgame.

9. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

There are numerous issues in rural areas that you've never thought of. I won't waste time going through them because you clearly know all about search warrants.

10. fl0at_

Oh, the job has difficulties? Well, that makes it different from everything, and everyone else...

11. fl0at_

You have zero difficulties, what you have is a status quo. You have what you believe is a legal protection to operate as you do, and know that any challenge to that will mean you are replaced with someone without an objection.

That's the only difficulty. But don't throw bullshit like it's impossible to obtain a warrant; just say the truth.

12. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

My job is just like everyone else's. And I'm sure yours. The difference between you and i is I don't presume to know things about yours that I don't.

13. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

No, that's completely false, but I'm sure it's fun acting as if you know everything about something you've never been involved in.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Don't you think that kind of attitude is problematic, given that the ass hole is innocent until proven guilty and has rights?

15. fl0at_

Ok, educate me. How is it different?

16. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

This is pretty much where I'm at. If it's the law, then cops need to follow it like they'd expect anyone else to do. You can't skirt law out of convenience and then turn around and wonder why folks believe cops think they're above the law...

17. fl0at_

I'm sorry, I thought you were at least as good as those in jobs like yours. But I was wrong. I won't presume that any longer.

Others can do it, why can't you?

18. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

That's a really poorly worded response. I was referring to getting the blood of the victim, not the defendant.

19. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Eat shit. Live in your fantasy world where you believe you're all knowing. Just rest assured that you're not.

20. fl0at_

I don't want to live in a fantasy world. Educate me.

I once sent a high res photo of a dude in rural Iraq to a FOB 15 miles away using a radio with a 1 foot antenna running on a battery.

I bet I could send a PDF out of a hospital, in the US to somewhere else. Hell, in 2017, I bet I could get Jimmy Johns to hand deliver it with a sandwich, and if not Uber will and bring me McDonalds.

So tell me the impossibility that isn't status quo, and shatter my fantasy world.