Cops Are So Cool and Tough: Sandra Bland Version

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by kidbourbon, Jul 27, 2015.

1. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

2. kidbourbon

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, pretty disturbing incident. Both the video of the traffic stop and possibly the cell block have been edited too. Even with the edits, looks like an innocent woman was assaulted, kidnapped, and murdered by a police officer under the guise of justice.

4. kidbourbon

5. kidbourbon

Not sure I agree with the murdered part just yet. The evidence does appear to point to a suicide, though I will reserve the right to change my mind on that.

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

After she gets out of the car, I don't see any leap in logic that allows the cop to think he has the right to bring her in.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

He said she assaulted him.

8. MacReady

MacReady New Member

Don't know anything about what happened at the jail, but obviously officer deputy dog needs to be fired.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

The things that make me incredibly suspicious:

Why did no one walk down the cell block for 90 minutes?

How did she get a trash bag (that is a restricted item inmates are not supposed to be able to access because they can suffocate someone with it)?

Why would she kill herself over a 5k bail and a minor charge that she knows is bogus?

10. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Because she was crazy.

11. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Pisses me off that cops usher "suspects" outside the view of the camera when they exit the vehicle.

12. kidbourbon

Yes

13. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Did your suspicion level drop when you heard that she had shown suicidal tendencies within recent years?

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

No, because I read that there were inconsistencies in the paperwork claiming she had suicidal tendencies and her family doesn't know anything about said tendencies.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/23/us/sandra-bland-arrest-death-main/

15. kidbourbon

The type of 'crazy' you see from her in the video doesn't strike me as the suicidal variety. Not that she still couldn't have been, but she did seem pretty excited to go to court.

16. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

Two different stories here. Before jail and after.

There was no reason for the officer to ask how she was feeling. He was looking for trouble. *******.

I don't know what happened in jail but it doesn't relate to how she was treated before.

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Fox & Friends host Elisabeth Hasselbeck zeroed in Monday morning on the question we’ve all been asking ourselves since the death of Sandra Bland while in police custody: wasn’t the officer justified in removing her from her car because she could have potentially attacked him with her lit cigarette?

[video=youtube;OkCbwJxHrfo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkCbwJxHrfo[/video]

18. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

She's so used to spinning away from reality, she can't stop. It's a normal reaction to her.

Note that this is not a "Right-wing" only phenomenon. We don't have independent journalists anymore.

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I agree. Fox News has become unwatchable.