Corner Turned

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Gotta give some credit to Rumph and Pruitt. I was all over him. Ga, MS st, Bama and SC they have had some guys playing violent off the snap.
    We most certainly could lapse and need to get to the bye week but damn if that didnt look like good football team last night with a bunch of guys playing for each other and Pruitt.

A psych study on post game day after an L vs a good long, 5 hour beat down woould be a good SEC short.

Memtownvol and Oldvol75 like this.
  2. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Agree with you. It's fair to take a step back and do a season-long assessment, but I think the team bouncing back from rock bottom and finishing strong is worth celebrating.

reVOLt and chavisut like this.
  3. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Absolutely. This team could have just quit. Frankly, the few seniors we have left around are a special group.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

In hindsight I should have named this thread "The Sleeping Giant is Waking Up"

5. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Yeah... Wish we had those first 2 games back as well but I wonder if in the long run they might be worth something for Pruitt...as in.. I have seen the bottom and never want to be there again.

NorrisAlan and IP like this.
  6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Oooh, maybe save that one for the bowl game. We may have a lump or two still coming.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Jennings, Darrell Taylor, and Bituli definitely did the heavy lifting.

hohenfelsvol and justingroves like this.
  8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tyler Byrd deserves a lot of praise too. He's blocking punts, making special teams tackles and blocking like a third guard on running plays

Memtownvol and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  9. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Yep.

Calloway.