Costco: the anti-walmart?

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Nov 27, 2012.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

2. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

My wife and I are apart of the Costco cult

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Neat. I may attempt to shop at Costco now once the general hoopla dies down a bit at the new store here.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Seems like a good deal.

5. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

We have two within 15 miles of us. Generally packed to the hilt starting Friday night through Sunday.

6. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

best place by far to buy basic necessities and booze

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  7. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

I'm going to be working right down the street from there and plan on doing the same thing.

8. PoochPunt3rdDown

PoochPunt3rdDown Troll Guru

Best for booze? Continue.....

9. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Most have a liquor store attached to the warehouse. Separated by a wall of course, or else it would be illegal.

10. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Hurray Capitalism! Business owners are free to run themselves the way they see fit.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

If only more were responsible in how they did so. Wonder why Costco isn't having unions poking around much?

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Agree

13. CardinalVol

My guess is it would be a bad deal for the employees at this point to unionize.

14. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Good steaks and chicken, too. The chicken come in packs of two breasts x 6, so you can buy a load and freeze them, then just pull the small packet with two breasts out and cook. Do the same with the steaks, in packs of three, I think.

I like them, and do exactly as dro, except I don't buy salmon in bulk... yet.

15. RoadTrip

RoadTrip New Member

Joined the following Wednesday after the Friday opening without a long wait. Costco is the place to go by far. Much better selection of much more stuff at equal to lower price than Sam's.

16. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I always thinks its in a company's best interest to treat their good employees well. I also think a business owner should be free to run his business into the ground and anywhere in between.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

No doubt. They'd be easily replaced, at those kind of wages and benefits. But also, apparently they are pretty happy employees. I do think there are tangible benefits, so long as it only takes reasonable measures to make them so.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hard to argue with that, it just sucks because it can end up hurting a lot of people. The focus on quarterly profits isn't healthy in the long-term.

19. CardinalVol

These are my thoughts as well.

20. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i buy the farm raised salmon, cut it into portions, and freeze. far better than their pre packaged salmon. yes their beef is the best anywhere. all choice.