COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

There is no firm limit. Treasury and fed are different entities. Theoretically at some point it creates inflation, but you need money demand. If it didn’t happen in 08 I think we are fine.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This is really a time I'm torn in 3 ways philosophically in regards to personal finances.

Part of me says hoard as much as your possibly can not knowing what is out there. Part of me is ready to pay off my house tomorrow (I can't until next February). Last part of me wants to take a HELOC on the house and dump as much as I possibly could in the market.

4. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

I dumped 5K into my Ameritrade account when the market bottomed because I knew there was alot of emotion in the market.

Tenacious D likes this.
  5. Ssmiff

We are supposed to close on a heloc soon Card. Im using it as an insurance policy as my business comes to a halt. Hope i dont have to use it, but who knows what this will look like in the summer so im grabbing quite a bit and taking advantage of the .99% yearly rate.

warhammer and justingroves like this.
  6. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

20200328_113047.jpg

Aaaaaannnddd another [uck fay]ing dipshit complaining about people being out, while being out.

warhammer likes this.
  7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

8. Ssmiff

9. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

This article examines the ‘missing 6 weeks’, comparing the US and South Korean response over the same time period. It focuses on testing rollout which is fair. It also delves into the pandemic office of the NSC. Looks like the woman who headed it at the time wrote and op-Ed recently attacking it as hurting our response. However I’m guessing she was fired so I’m not sure that’s unbiased. My understanding is there were pandemic-focused individuals still on the NSC working in a rolled up directorate. But as we post-mortem this it will be some tv omg to look like. Article also says the the Chinese travel ban likely bought us some time - which makes the testing errors and impact on numbers even more curious.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/mar/28/trump-coronavirus-politics-us-health-disaster

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Can't lie. Shutting people up with sheer data is stating to be kind of fun.

11. Ssmiff

Most s koreans who have had it are younger. They have stayed away from higher death rate due to fewer elderly getting it and an overall younger country, among other reasons.

12. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

What’s far more interesting to me than their death rate is their case growth pattern.

13. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Hill-dog unleashing her shit-talking side after losing in 16 has been entertaining for sure.

VolDad likes this.
  14. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

NYC hospital admissions dropping per Cuomo. Probably a lot of factors going into that. I've seen younger folks with it doing anything they can to avoid using hospital resources.

But if we're anywhere close to a peak there that's incredible news. We can only hope.

justingroves likes this.
  15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Still around.

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

You guys piss Float off again?

17. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

His analysis wold be good to have.

18. Ssmiff

Attached Files:

2Maggitt2Quit likes this.
  19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Spain may end up being as bad or worse than Italy.

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Which is what concerns me about how cavalier the US has been about this among a lot of it's populace.