COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

But they are alike in the sense that it is being done on demand. Same as antibiotics were for a while.

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It’s not on demand.

Most doctors are only giving it to those that are close to hospitalization.

Most pharmacists are only giving 12 pills for a prescription and not filling the large prescriptions written for it.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

the guy covered by the la times and miami herald repeatedly asked and lobbied for it. Are you saying he is lying, or do you think maybe things have recently changed?

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It's a bad comparison. I got what you meant, but there were better things to use besides opioids. The soccer mom getting her darlings antibiotics when they don't need it would have more appropriate.

You do have a legitimate point with this. It's just some people are reading the risk vs reward differently, and doctors who use politics as guiding principles for their decisions should not be practicing.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-without-hard-evidence-it-works-idUSKBN21O2VO

6. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

1800 deaths in the USA yesterday.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

We've flattened new infections, though. The measures are working well. We just need to not let up too early.

Tenacious D likes this.
  8. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Inspite of Ourselves is my favorite.

9. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

This was interesting to read......

Never mind it won't link no matter what I try. It was an article talking about ventilators not really being needed and causing more harm than good in some cases unless you are in a coma. It was a long explanation going over what Covid-19 is actually doing and not causing true pneumonia but causing red blood cells to be starved of oxygen and that's why the hydrochloroquine is working so well for some people.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Just read the lyrics of, When i get to Heaven. I could listen to dudes like him all night.
    Only thing i miss from my borboun days is finding a hole in the wall in nashville or hit 3rd and lindsey, drink heavily and guys like Prine would be there, get up on stage and play.

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

CitrusCo.Vol and Tenacious D like this.
  12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Attached Files:

13. DownNDirty

DownNDirty Contributor

Yes that was it. No idea if it has merit but I found it interesting to read. I have no idea why it was trying to link it as media and not allowing the link to just come through.

14. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

A lot of doctors and researchers have noticed this over the past few weeks. This has been a theory that's been circulating for a while.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Mr. Peabody's coal train

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I just cannot get excited about some random guy on a blog somewhere. He might be right, but no clue who he is, what his credentials are or where his lab work and studies were done.

17. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I know you are still critical of a lot of things going on, but would you have ever thought on March 1 that the US would be willing to so radically change itself to fight this virus? I have been pleasantly surprised. It looks like less than 200, 000 will die. Maybe even less than 100,000.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  18. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

19. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Right now I'm keeping an eye on Sweden. They've implemented minimum procedures, keeping gatherings at <50 and isolating vulnerable populations. Anything close to a success there means an easier path back.

A-Smith likes this.
  20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think they're seeing decreased spread, tbh. Most of the population just hasn't been exposed. I also wonder if the warm weather we've been having has helped a little.