COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

what do you mean?

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yeah, I don't see it, at least not in that article you posted. It specifically says they don't know where he contracted it.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

You guys are so used to it, it doesnt register anymore.
    Mentions Trump Rally in the headline in bold print and several times in the article.
    All after media warned of covid spread at trump rally while silent about it during protests.
    Hey look, "Herman Cain has covid after Trump Rally".

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

If it were somehow known that several cases were contracted at that rally, would you object to this being reported?

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Fauci is warning that 1oo,000 cases per day in the US is coming unless there is some sort of course correction taken.

EDIT: I can't find a primary source for this and read it second hand, so this may not be what he said.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

That seems high. I'm standing in the K-roger, that is pretty busy, and I'd say 99/100 have on a mask.

7. fl0at_

It can end. Wear a mask. Social distance.

8. Ssmiff

It may end 11/3

9. NorrisAlan

Or maybe you are trying so hard to see it, you cannot help but get false positives.

Man has COVID. Fact.
    He was at Trump Rally. Fact.
    Says Trump didn't meet with him. Fact. And this is what was first on my mind, did he interact with the President.
    Should people at a rally where masks were not enforced be concerned? Legitimate question.

Now, I will be the first to admit that I could be blind to such things, but we all suffer from that.

10. fl0at_

It could have never happened, if he had attended a rally where everyone wore a mask, led by a man wearing a mask.

Then what would there be to claim?

11. Ssmiff

I was mainly referring to the headline NA. If they dont know where he got it, why mention Trump rally in bold? Because of politics and media bs, thats why

12. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Lol can you believe we took down Trump with a common cold?

Good job, guys. We did it.

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

This is Exhibit A as to why many people think the warnings are complete and total BS'

TennTradition and Volst53 like this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I read it second hand and now can't find it firmly anywhere, so someone may have misquoted him.

15. Ssmiff

Covid will go on but shit will settle down and people will stfu for a little while with less media hype and scare.
    Bring on Biden. Hes the man. The daily crying will cease.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I see an awful lot of masks, though.

17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Yes, but when the governor of the state says "don't even see your families" and then hours later you get this, people get tired of the double-standard.

18. NorrisAlan

Fair enough, but I don't understand the frustration with this as if it is a new thing in the last 5-10 years. It has been going on since the printing press was created or the first grafitti was written on walls.

Headlines sell. Shock sells. Disaster sells. Bad news sells. And the headline was factual, just perhaps slanted in a manner you didn't like. Headline should have probably read "Herman Cain Tests Positive for COVID-19". But, again, what is this capitalistic news agency after?

[​IMG]

No different than the macabre headlines when the Titanic sank or "Dewey Wins!"

19. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I have some issues with saying this without context. We were likely over that in late March. Maybe 2x that or more.

but those are big numbers. As long as they are young, we won’t see that many issues. But can it really just stay amongst the young?

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

you can't have it both ways on infected vs cases.