COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Interesting take, IP.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  2. IP

IP Super Moderator

[dadgum] it

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

my brother in law's family was exposed over 48 hours prior to symptoms. their doctor said they didn't have to quarantine and they all got it. i wonder if some people just don't admit to themselves they have symptoms or something.

4. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

While not 100% accurate this meme from back in March explains the general benefit. Not sure why its still debated.

[​IMG]

fl0at_, IP and gcbvol like this.
  5. IP

IP Super Moderator

that does seem to happen.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yeah ive been wrong about a virus and disease study i knew nothing about. Yet amazingly, your arrogsnt ass is still on a 10 year streak of never being wrong and can go [uck fay] yourself

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

10 year streak? I was wrong very recently regarding the death of a police officer, and admitted as much. So I guess what I am saying is, you are once again incorrect.

8. Ssmiff

Ok fauci jr. Among others, the difference between you and me is i stated i have questions as to masks, etc, and that majority of people disagree, which is fine. Then you have to come in with "youve been wrong abiut everything" "strawman"...bullshit, so again you show intolerance of others opinions, and i repeat, can go [uck fay] yourself

9. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

He said "low risk" and then you responded with, "yes, it wouldn't do much."

Low risk != wouldn't do much.

High risk = wouldn't do much.

10. Ssmiff

if you are going to quote me, select the whole quote

11. fl0at_

Ok. Here is your response to his "Well that's not true. Transmission risk would be pretty low, but not zero."

"Yes I know." But then proceed to say the OPPOSITE of what he said.

In other words, you don't know, you disagree.

12. Ssmiff

It makes sense that a barrier on the nose and mouth would help stop spread of germs, but it doesn't make sense that record numbers keep happening under lockdowns and mask mandates. People i know who wear masks in their own homes and cars when around other people still getting it, while others who refuse to wear masks don't. I'm sure you and IP already have the answers. Good for you.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I’d like to know our hold up on ivermectin especially early on treatment

14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

All I get out of this is LJ likes to go around and pee on people.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  15. IP

IP Super Moderator

because there are no randomized trials to support the claims, and some of the studies cited also gave a bunch of other things. It may help, but it is a serious drug to be giving sick people because it "seems" to help some. it may hurt too. and you can't know if it is worth the risk without data from randomized trials.

Science can't be suspended and the kitchen sink thrown because of the pandemic. Of course, there is enough ivermectin around that someone will kill themselves self medicating if this gets enough of a profile.

16. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

No one is saying that buts it’s being used successfully else where and there’s around a 100 clinical studies on it now for use against COVID, that finds it safe and effective.

We just don’t seem that interested in it for some reason although it’s cheaper and more effective than remdesivir that we’ve approved.

I will give the FDA/NHI credit. they finally got around to promoting vitamin D in December.

17. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Just call me Smokey.

18. fl0at_

A barrier mask isn't 100% effective.

There are health care workers who have treated these patients for almost a year, and have not picked it up.

And there were health care workers who treated folks for only weeks, that did pick it up.

Clearly there must be something to it more than the equipment. Which is found out time and time again when doing studies on transmission.

Wearing a thing does not equate to wearing it right.

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

The mask stuff playing out is crazy to me.

I don’t think cloth mask and surgical mask are very effective at population levels due to a number of reasons, but just seems like a weird hill to die on fighting it.