COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Make sure you get plenty of D as well.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I think I've got plenty enough D, but if I did need more, I'd just need a little extra.

3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Twss

4. fl0at_

Then she ain't logical. She got hands. And they're free.

5. Ssmiff

Move to Facebook thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2021
  6. fl0at_

I keep seeing things like 4th wave being imminent, but I'm not seeing it. I mean we're at 2nd wave levels already, and I don't think we go higher. Just stay here for a long time.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

most predicted the surge was already going to happen since we are supposed to follow europe by 2-3 weeks.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

it's happening if you control for age and exclude people over 60. the vaccine has already chopped the top off.

cases are down 97% in LA county, as they are approaching herd immunity

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

The complaining about some countries requiring a COVID vaccine in order to travel there is simply incredible. We truly are living in strange times by modern standards.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't get complaining about it. If you want to go there, get the shot

11. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Seems somewhat relevant...

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

On one hand, good for them opening back up. On the other, who gives a shit about the Rangers?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
    CardinalVol and utvol0427 like this.
  13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

In line for the second Moderna shot.

14. Ssmiff

So what is up with Texas? Supposedly fully opened up and cases/hospitalizations not trending up. Fauci calls it "confusing".
    Also, maybe float or someone else knows, when I looked up icu bed availability in tn today on a gov link it showed 11% and about 200 beds available. Yet on another link, it read, and I'm rounding numbers, 2400 icu beds, 68% full and only 10% of those taken up due to covid. Quite a difference between 89% full and 68%.

15. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

With Texas I’ll note that where I live I haven’t observed any changes in people’s behavior over the last month. If I go in to pick up food, restaurant seems about as busy inside. Masks haven’t changed much at all, in my opinion, after the mandate was lifted. I’m sure both of these observations aren’t insistent with every location but in pop-dense areas of Texas like this, it doesn’t seem that different.

But....then you have the Rangers game.

Also, Texas didn’t see a lot of problems until the summer peak last year.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think it is getting harder to predict because of herd immunity effects and in different segments of the population. Just keep vaccinating, keep masking up, until the dust settles. Could be very soon.

17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I just don't see a huge bounce back.

CDC projections show that 40%+ of the population has had covid already plus with the vaccinations going on.

18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Sometimes the simplest answer is the right one

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

The answer is the same either way: keep vaccinating, keep wearing a mask and avoiding transmission risks.

20. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Tempted to go with the J&J shot next Monday, if I get the choice