COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not sure what the point is of this discussion when you are arguing with me about my workplace's customers.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I'm not arguing about your workplace's customers. Who your customers are is irrelevant. I used the word "coworker" in my argument. But, you then said something about customers, so I responded in kind about Apple's customers.

3. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

I come back in after a few days and see another argument by Float. Must be a day ending in Y.

No offense intended just trying to make a joke. I like arguing also.

VolDad and zehr27 like this.
  4. fl0at_

I feel like it's pretty easy for me to not argue. Just say things that are true. Then I have no argument.

It's beliefs that create argument. Shed all belief, and focus on only factual things, and there is no more argument.

It's tough, but it can be done.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

That's what you think. Which is a belief.

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I see it more as it's very difficult for you not to argue. Still not sure you've admitted to an L in all these years...

7. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Can't admit to what hasn't happened.

8. fl0at_

Exactly! Thank you. See, you can spot it and know when to avoid it.

9. fl0at_

Sure I have. Clearly we disagree, though. So I'm willing to admit that I'm wrong, but that would mean that I haven't admitted to a loss. But since I just lost, I just admitted to a loss. Ergo, I have admitted to a loss. And now you are wrong.

10. fl0at_

See above.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

12. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

The local school system here is offering COVID vaccines for eligible students without requiring parental consent for students over 14. I'm 100% pro COVID vaccine, but I'm not the least bit comfortable with what the school system here is doing.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

uhhhh. yeah. that is bullshit.

justingroves likes this.
  14. IP

IP Super Moderator

How can they do that? I don't agree with that. I couldn't even donate blood without a note. Couldn't get an aspirin without a phone call.

15. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I don't know. System got called out at essentially said thanks for sharing your concern, but we're good. No idea how many, if any, kids have done this without parental knowledge, but the fact the school doesn't seem to care if it happens is very concerning. Really hope no one has an adverse reaction to a shot, especially since the school has no knowledge of a student's medical history. My hope is that they see reason and simply require a signed parental form in addition to other required information.

16. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Is that even legal in Alabama?

TennTradition likes this.
  17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

my wife thought a lot of places would go this route like with contraceptives/birth control.

I don’t think it’s a good move and will not be popular publicly

18. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Apparently it is legal, for now at least.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Honestly surprised. Guess no one ever thought about it before now.

20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Yup.