COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I think there's just a lot more to it than "States can do it so Federal can do it too."

I don't think most people who are citing Jacobson v. Massachusetts know much about it or have read into it at all. I think they're just regurgitating what they've heard. It's not an identical situation, by any means.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

And? If the hospital is understaffed because a significant portion of their workforce quit due to Covid, and they can't find adequate replacements because people don't want to work there due to Covid, then, yeah, Covid would be the cause for why Groves's grandmother can't get what she need.

But I don't think we should just assume that all understaffing is directly caused or even significantly impacted by COVID. It probably is in some places and isn't in others.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

seems to be that if you had A symptomatic case of Covid you’re just as protected as a two shot individual that hasn’t had Covid.

The most protected seem to be “natural” infection with one mRNA vaccine.

however natural infection or a single vaccine dose seems to be enough to basically eliminate your chances of dying or ending up in the hospital from Covid

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

All he said was the SC already upheld states could. He didn't say anything about Federal.

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Your wife, child, Mom, Dad, brother, or sister dies unnecessarily because of the unvaxed. Indy, "Dang that was frustrating."

I read and see stories every day.

JayVols likes this.
  6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

The Federal government is within their rights to mandate vaccination, and that can be easily shown. Whether this route is a legal route or not is not the same as questioning whether it can be done. So if the argument hinges on whether they can, here's how:

SCOTUS has always upheld a draft. Therefore, simply draft everyone for two weeks. While drafted, the DOD rules. DOD has made vaccination mandatory. Therefore, the Federal government has powers to make vaccination mandatory.

JayVols likes this.
  7. IP

IP Super Moderator

I thought the same thing.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

The new craze is gargling betadine. Which won't harm you, but will not prevent you from getting COVID or help you with COVID. The manufacturer says this repeatedly all over their website. Yet there are viral stories and bogus "studies" that claim otherwise.

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

yeah I mean I think it could be a little bit stronger for my liking but I think it’s pretty damn good for what it is.

I also always hated grizzly though. It always sponged up on me too much.

I was always a skoal or a red seal man.

I have had to count some change from my trucks ashtray to by some grizzly or kayak in a pinch though

justingroves likes this.
  10. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

The antivaxx apologists are even bigger pieces of shit than the antivaxxers themselves. Acting as if their actions are in any way reasonable or happen in a vaccum then hiding behind personal responsibility by attempting to absolve them of any of it.

JayVols and utvol0427 like this.
  11. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Really?!? Wear mask, restaurants closed, concerts cancelled, events cancelled, travel restricted, health care workers working 24x7, ... Why? Because of the unvaxed.

That is not controlling what people do?

JayVols, gcbvol and utvol0427 like this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is weird. An antivaxx person sincerely believes they are somehow at more risk with a vaccine than without... But an apologist knows full well that the person is not and is endangering themselves and others... but just doesn't really care because they themselves are probably fine (or so they think, because they don't seem to grasp the interconnectivity of society). It's twisted.

JayVols likes this.
  13. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

When you have a vaccine proven to work available at every corner drug store for free. Maybe is is just natures way of natural selection and weeding out the unintelligent amongst us.

JayVols likes this.
  14. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

The really sad part is that social media has warped people’s minds and many people can’t distinguish between what’s real and what’s not anymore.

So we’ve got an army of people that one generation ago were just normal, perfectly smart people, who wouldn’t get caught up in conspiracy theories or fringe politics insanity that are now literally losing their minds.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

"Don't believe everything you read" to "do your own research" in about 12 years. Thanks, Facebook.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I really don't like the idea of a government mandating vaccines.

17. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

This is 110% true on both sides.

18. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'm not arguing anything. I'm stating facts. mRNA technology is NOT something that was developed quickly.

19. JayVols

Abso-[uck fay]ing-lutely.

In fact, as soon as the FDA approved a booster for immunocompromised, I got my 3rd dose the very next day.

My lymphocyte count is 8% of the median count for a normal person. Even with 3 doses, there's a very good chance that I would be one of the statistically minute number of vaccinated folks that develop a serious case or worse.

20. JayVols

The Delta variant is hitting ALL ages. In fact, it's hitting kids, 20 somethings, 30 somethings harder than the elderly.... because the majority of the elderly are vaccinated. This isn't 2020 COVID anymore. It's a much much worse than the initial strain because the viral load of Delta is significantly greater. People getting sicker & dying much faster.

I read a healthy 3 year old, I think it was, died a day after showing symptoms. She didn't even make it to the hospital.