COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Drink a ton of liquids too. Staying hydrated really helped me out.

IP likes this.
  2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Good

zehr27 likes this.
  3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Mucinex was great for my wife. I didn’t have a lot of respiratory issues but I did take a Benadryl every night to help me sleep which was great.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

8 hour Tylenol is what did it for me. My biggest problem was the fevers and getting 8 hours of relief at a time really helped so I could get a good night rest. That and lots of fluids helped me kick it.

5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

The “because someone ate a bat a global pandemic was unleashed” explanation was always a hard one to believe in. Hopefully this will be proven ultimately to be just a China thing and that our own tax dollars didn’t fund whatever lab this nightmare leaked from. What a galactic scandal that would be

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think it is still very much an open question as to it being a lab leak or a natural thing. This is one of like a half dozen agencies' reports with different conclusions at low confidence. Fbi thinks it is more likely a lab leak too, but others think it is more likely natural. All have concluded strongly that it wasn't a Chinese weapon.

7. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yea I don't necessarily think the CCP is Machiavellian enough to purposefully unleash a global pandemic onto to the world in order to destroy the US/Western democracy economies as they were suffering hard from stuff like Trump's China trade war in a US presidential election year via infecting their own country first. Yet I do highly doubt the CCP would ever admit it leaked from their own lab just because the CCP admitting an error that egregious publicly just isn't how they roll. And if it was indeed created in a Chinese lab that technically was funded at least partially by US taxpayer money, I also have my doubts that the US will be willing to admit this fact to the public anytime soon.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

That China would not allow investigation by WHO and others is one of the main reasons a lab leak can't be dismissed.

The whole gain of function stuff, while a sexy conspiracy, doesn't appear to have any evidence. The work that Paul and others point to isn't gain of function. Also, there were wild strains that were very very close to covid-19 which was why there was interest at all.

9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I will say imo the WHO and Fauci are looking worse and worse in retrospect as we continue to learn more about everything. WHO's grovelling of the CCP at the start of this will forever be disgusting.

And TBH I'm really surprised someone like Dr. Fauci was even allowed to still be America's chief medical bureaucrat at that point in time considering the other things he truly botched under his watch like AIDS in the 1980s. I get it was confusing at first for "the experts", but man, some of his AIDS stuff on record is just disastrously astonishing. Like the videos of him advising schools to not allow children with AIDs inside the doors, ect. How he survived that is something else.

10. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Did the WHO even try to push back at China all that hard though? WHO seemed awfully mouth-piecey for the CCP at the beginning.

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

There’s no data at all for a natural outbreak besides there’s other covid viruses in nature.

This virus came out the gate from the evidence already being perfectly adapted for infecting humans and has a different furin cleavage site than any other known Covid virus and made it go around the world quickly.

I don’t think anyone thinks it was a weapon but a virus we were [uck fay]ing with that escaped

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

What push would they have? If WHO wanted to investigate NYC's response and the US said no, what is the WHO going to do about it?

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Hypothetically, what would other data for a natural outbreak look like?

14. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Maybe not message to the world that China has been a great and cooperative partner like they claimed when that was not actually the case? Perhaps I'm totally misremembering, but I recall the WHO selling to the world how wonderful, transparent and on top of everything China was initially. The start of the Covid pandemic wasn't exactly the WHO's shining moment imo

15. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Not even taking into consideration anything pre-Covid, Fauci just seems like a massive piece of shit.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Initially, but that talk trailed off as China stonewalled. And China did seem to be open to them in like dec 19 to feb or March 20. Seemed.

It is hard to fathom unchecked authoritarianism, it must be a living hell.

17. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

He’s a smug, pious, unlikable enough seeming fellow that’s for sure. Definitely some sinister vibes or something.

I have absolutely no way of proving anything, so take it for what’s it worth: but I’d almost be stunned if he’s NOT taking royalty payments from Big Pharmaceutical companies under the table. Paraphrasing here: but him gleefully reminding Congress that even if he was receiving royalties, by law he did not have to disclose any Pharma royalty payments sent to him.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

The Fauci hate is unhinged. Just looking for someone to blame for the fallout of the pandemic and it couldn't be the potus.

19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

It has to be just awful, assuming you are even allowed to think to yourself there just how awful their authoritarian govt is. Hell, everyone in the world got a little taste of this living hell courtesy of the thugs who run the CCP.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Nah, we didn't because everyone was free to [itch bay] and free to move anywhere.