COVID-19 (artist formerly known as Wuhan strain novel Corona virus)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by IP, Jan 28, 2020.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

If you have evidence, you should report it to authorities so they can reach a consensus

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It’s deeper than that.

The academic and research side circled the wagon due to how and who they get funding from, so stepping out would have been career threatening.

The early emails give a little light on this and then a lot of those involved expressing concerns about the virus not looking natural and engineered

Last edited: Feb 28, 2023
  3. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Jesus, don’t be a child. I’m not a nut job saying we know with certainty it was a lab leak or there’s stone cold evidence. Just like with the meat market, the evidence is circumstantial.

Regardless, it being labeled a racist conspiracy theory was always preposterous.

4. HCKevinSteele

That may be where the effort started from, but it’s not like all of the media gets a memo saying here’s what we’re doing and why. Most media just uncritically jumps on “racist conspiracy theory” because that’s what others are doing or because that is the response to literally anything said by the deplorables.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I don't think it was labeled a racist conspiracy theory. Racist things were done to Americans of Asian descent blaming them for the thing. The claims of intentionality of the release was conspiratorial by definition

6. Poppa T

Poppa T Vol Geezer

This is what really pizzed me off.

7. HCKevinSteele

It absolutely was labeled racist. And I’m not talking about it being labeled intentional, purely the lab leak possibility.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Saying it is from the Chinese people or the China virus and then associating it with anyone of Asian descent in some way is racist. Saying it is a leak from a lab ran by China/the CCP is not. People were attacking Americans on the street based on their ancestry and avoiding Chinese restaurants.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

That does suck but let’s not forget people are attacked everyday due to their race. Idiots are looking for an excuse.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

People can't have conversations anymore, it's all or nothing.

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Wasn’t the increase in crime mostly due to black crime against Asians.

I’d wager that more the lawlessness that we saw in inner cities during Covid lead to the increase instead of poor phrasing

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

13. HCKevinSteele

You’re right, it is very obviously not racist, but many claimed that it was anyway.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I didn't see it, but there are many dummies out there so I believe you. I am seeing normally environmentally-minded people arguing everything is fine in East Palestine, and I can assure them that this is not the case categorically. It isn't unique to East Palestine, but there is no way there isn't PFAS, dioxins, and other contaminants around that site that may eventually work their way into the water table.

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

“Everything’s fine. Nothing to see here!” Gif with Leslie Nielsen.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

yup. anyone, even doctors, saying masks didn't work, the vaccine didn't prevent spread, schools shouldn't be closed, etc was labeled as dangerous and their livelihood's were threatened.

justingroves and ole_orange like this.
  17. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Outside of Fox News/other righty media entities Ron Desantis was largely portrayed as Lucifer for arguably being the best performing and most logical American politician throughout the Covid crisis. Whereas Cuomo was initially defied and portrayed as a future President despite being literally the worst and most incompetent Governor in America with his handling of Covid. It was all a clown show.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Lol, if we have another pandemic in our lifetimes we are going to be burning bodies in the streets.

19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Especially if the next one involves a disease with a survival rate lower than 99+%. And if most folks in America continues enjoying a largely immobile lifestyle hidden from sunlight as they remain morbidly obese.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

What's 1% of 8 billion?