Craig Fitzgerald

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 5, 2018.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

New s&c coach. Hired from Texans.

Know nothing about him but very initial reports are great hire.

2. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

From his time at Harvard:

"It will help you pack on weight, and it isn't even illegal yet," Coach Fitzgerald explained, handing me a giant bottle of the white powder. "Just mix it with water and drink it before and after every workout."
    "Isn't this kind of dangerous?" I asked. "What are the side effects?"
    Coach Fitzgerald snatched the container back from me and inspected the label on the back. His eyes grew wide. "Oh dear," he said gravely. "It says here that 'side effects may include getting [uck fay]ing huge, with occasional bouts of manliness.'" He shoved the can of creatine back in my arms. "Stop being such a Sally and take out your tampon. Get with the [dadgum] program."

"Do you want to be a man who can't give his own son a piggyback ride because you have chopsticks for legs? Or do you want to be a man who squats 400 pounds five times with enough testosterone left over to impregnate a woman just by looking at her?" Coach Fitzgerald continued, the intensity in his coarse voice growing. "Now when you get in that squat rack, you've got to be a real man. Not some boy who worries about his arithmetic test or whatever you guys study at this [dadgum] place."

"Kester, do you know why I eat so many bananas?" he once asked, stuffing a piece of the fruit down his throat.
    "I don't know. Because they're delicious?"
    "Have you ever seen a small [uck fay]ing gorilla?"

3. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

He was the college roommate of Under Armor CEO Kevin Plank

The few videos of his time at Penn State make him look like the Cochran style meat head with a raspy voice. Lots of screaming and jumping around. Players apparently like him.

It will be interesting to see what he does with the current equipment. At Penn State he took everything out and put in new Sorinex equipment. Mostly racks and free weights only. Olympic stuff. Tennessee has a ton of Power Lift equipment, which is probably the more prominent across the board. I can tell you that Tennessee has spent a lot of money over the past decade as each new S&C guy has changed things up to varying degrees.

4. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

That last one is [uck fay]ing gold.

5. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

If that's for real I like him. You don't need a bunch of fancy machines. Bars, racks, benches and Shit loads of effort on heavy and explosive lifts. Squat and power cleans till you puke.

Memtownvol likes this.
  6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Got to find a time to use that banana line.
    And the equipment at the training center is all leased so if they want changes, they should be able to just order and get it in as part of the rental.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Is creatine a euphemism for anabolic steroid, HGH, gamma ray cocktail?

Fingers crossed.

A-Smith likes this.
  8. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Also, I think it is pretty evident Butch’s teams had low T. Nobody was getting pregnant the last five years. There’s a reason Travis Henry’s teams won so many games.

9. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I doubt many changes needed. That place is full of racks, platforms, etc.

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Going to have to upgrade the juice bar if we are serious about championships.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Do we still have that stupid MMA cage?

12. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

He was with Spurrier at SC from 2009-2011 and then joined O'Brien's staff at PSU. Seems like a really good hire

chavisut likes this.
  13. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

It does.

14. Ssmiff

Just get rid of the [uck fay]ing peanut butter that they all talked about. It made us suck

15. Ssmiff

I took a ton of creatine while attending UT. We went to Vols gym right behind the strip. I got up to 195 at one point and I usually carried 175 in good shape. Never felt good about what it was doing to my kidneys and liver, but spent an entire summer drinking it with protein shakes and rally burger combos for 99 cents.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It’s no big deal if you do it for short periods of time.

17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He will not be afraid to cross the line if he thinks he can get away with it. I like him.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Bananas aren't from Africa, and gorillas don't naturally eat them. Hope he knows more than that vignette demonstrated. He can either be a confused troglodyte who couldn't help a fifth grader with a book report, or he could learn to source crops and biogeographies like a real man, with enough dork left over to creep out a woman with just a stare.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Were you following directions? It's not terribly risky if you are using it correctly and don't have some preexisting thing.

20. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I bet you’re fun at parties.