Craig Fitzgerald

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 5, 2018.

1. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

For what it’s worth, every South Carolina fan on sec rant who has chimed in thinks the world of the guy. Said there was a noticeable drop off after he left for Penn State.

2. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Not leased....its all custom ordered. I have used the same sales rep as Tennessee for the past decade. What they will do though is take trade backs though and resale it on their website.

The big question is does he only make minor changes or does he try to do a dull switch to Sorinex (Ausmus is a Sorinex rep coincidentally).....It would be a expensive change to essentially only change brand names as opposed to making functional changes.

3. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Last video I saw showed tons of lifting platforms. All that's necessary are bumpers.

4. chavisut

Ah.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Thanks for info. I assumed it was a lease..I guess there is a separate service agreement for repairs or upgrades? Or do they include service as part of the sale price?

6. dtmvol

dtmvol Member

Hope he is a good hire, but, it seems like every S&C coach over the last 10 years has been hyped as the next great one.

Wasn't there one who called himself "Black Iron" or similar, and another that wore a fleece hoodie during summer workouts?

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

S&C coaches tend to be as good as the head coach

dtmvol and chavisut like this.
  8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

And as good as leaders in the team, which we lack.

9. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

I laughed out loud.

Tenacious D likes this.
  10. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

I read the first few sentences in a Commander Data voice.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  11. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

The olympic stuff is pretty maintenance free. The machines they will service if needed.

Now some college might do a lease on something like cardio equipment. UT I believe has Woodways treadmills. The maintenance on those is essentially adding a small amount of oil to one place on the treadmill about every 6 months. They also have a trade in program that is heavily incentivized to trade every 4-5 years.

The companies will cater to the P5 programs. They will make money off them, but ultimately, it pays off because if you are in the big colleges, it will usually trickle to the high schools.

Right now for example Power Lift has used equipment with OU logo, SMU logo, and USF logo......They have TN plate weights and stuff before that were trades.

12. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Friend of mine went to school with the CEO of Sorinex. Fitzgerald has used them everywhere he's been to help design what he wants.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He appears to be a good hire. He did great work at South Carolina and PSU. The NFL is a different animal, a lot of them work out with "their guys" in the off season

14. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Yes.

I heard from someone in the biz that knows him personally. He said that it really came as a shock to most when he left South Carolina for Penn St because he had things rolling. He loved Penn State and didn't want to leave, but it was really his best option to follow O'Brien because Franklin was likely going to bring his own guy. Same guy said a lot of guys think they want to be NFL guys, but a lot end up trying to get back into college.

Summed up in one word...He said he was intense. Thinks he will do well at TN.

15. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

His position is on par with the OC and DC hires as far as importance. He needs to be elite.

16. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He likes the college game.

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I think all can be elite if the HC makes it an absolute priority. Slacking means pine time.

18. chavisut

Cleared out the weight room of all machines.

Only benches, squat racks, bars, and plates.

We got a good one.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Nice.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

They better have one of those machines where you stick your head in the weird padded cage and move it around to exercise your neck. That's vital.

A-Smith likes this.