Craig Fitzgerald

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 5, 2018.

1. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Yeah that’s what I meant in my first sentence.

2. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

Yes. I was actually in a small conference with with a bunch of collegiate & pro strength coaches as well as collegiate and pro athletic trainers this past week. The professional guys were talking about how guys scatter in the offseason. One in particular said he as lucky because he worked for one of the LA pro teams, therefore a lot of guys stayed as opposed to living in a cold climate place that would be less desirable.

Fitz is a little old school, but I hope that his time in the NFL will help him on the tech front. There is some really cool new(er) tech out there in regards to training. The last staff was doing some things like sleep tech, but there are a lot of teams using multiple platforms to acquire as much data as possible. These new technologies can help with predicting and preventing injuries (non contact related), show recovery levels, enhance strength gains, etc. Its really cool stuff if you in to it like I am.

One of the more interesting new concepts is Blood Flow Restriction Training (BFR).....concept that was developed by the military, but is now showing up as a PT rehab technique as well as a strength and conditioning tool.

3. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Which bands do you recommend for BFR?

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

[ock cay] rings.

GoVols2003 and justingroves like this.
  5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Chuck Norris’ total gym. There’s a reason the whole Chuck Norris Facts thing got started

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  6. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

/thread

7. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I really don’t mess with it enough to have an opinion.

RP Sports had a manual set and a automated set at the conference. (Recovery Pump = RP)

Owens Recovery Science has a speaker at the conference and some of their automated ones were being used. Seems like some of the MLB teams were using those.... One benefit one of the MLB guys said was that the automated allowed for quicker use and you get a better reading of the amount of pressure being used.

8. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Is this BFR for actual serious strength gains or is it more for hypertrophy and rehab? It seems the latter based on the little info I've read.

9. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

What do you have against masculinity?

10. kidbourbon

I'd toss in pull-ups, and some kind of overhead press, among a few others.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Nothing?

12. kidbourbon

Appropriate use of the question mark.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

I wasn't sure why you were asking. I thought you might be about to tell me or something. I guessed "nothing" since I knew of none.

14. kidbourbon

I think I misinterpreted your post. Disregard.

15. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

It was developed in the military for the latter, since adopted in more mainstream rehabs for the same, but due to the success in helping people regaining muscle in rehab, their are people now trying to use it to aid in the gains.

16. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

We've found the creatine and PEDs, boys.

17. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

405 pretty easy. Who is that?

18. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I think that's actually one of the assistant S&C's.

He also deadlifted 700.

He strong.

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Would be a good ppv to see me under that, 2 guys lift up and try to watch me hold it. Probably put me thru the bench. Break my arms or knock my shoulders out of place immediately and land on my throat. Probably make some $ after though

20. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I just ruptured a testicle watching that.

Beechervol and NYY like this.