Cuonzo Martin says SEC officiating has been "ridiculous"

Discussion in 'Keith Hatfield Memorial Vols Hoops' started by volwarrior33, Jan 19, 2013.

1. volwarrior33

volwarrior33 Member

"The Kentucky game, I thought that was a tough officiated game. That was a game I was sitting there trying to get a tech from those guys. I thought there were some questionable calls at Alabama as well. As hard as you’re playing, you’re trying to compete and as tough as it is to win on the road, you’ve got to give guys a fair chance. I thought some of those calls; I thought they were ridiculous to be honest with you. I said you can’t win ball games like that. Then if it’s going to be played that way just call it on both ends of the floor. I just think you have to have some consistency in that department.”

Cuonzo Martin interview: His players, the fans, officiating & Marshall Henderson - National SEC | Examiner.com

Fine coming from Slive.

2. Bassmanbruno

Bassmanbruno Banned

Cuonzo will kick Slive's ass.

3. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

How can you try to get a T and not get one? I guarantee I could get a T in about 5 seconds.

4. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Nice to hear him say it. But I'm also fairly sure I could manage to get T'd up.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

It is hard when it isn't in your nature. That being said, there is always the inner Bobby Knight to unleash.

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Awesome

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

It makes me feel good to hear him say it because that's what I've thought for years, but I'm not sure that Cuonzo playing the victim card is what this team needs right now.

8. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

Definitely comes off as blaming the refs for his rough start, which sucks because I know that's not what he meant or how he operates. But if he felt like he needed to make a statement to stand for the team, I'll allow it. Would still rather see it on the court. (But then again, Jimmy Dykes would have used it as an excuse to promote Rupp and Criticize CCM.)

9. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

Did you watch the Kentucky game? The officiating was atrocious. They effectively neutered the inside game within the first 10 minutes and never let up. He has a good point.