Customer Service

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Indy, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Positive thread time!

I'm a huge stickler for good customer service. Obviously price and selection are huge factors when I'm deciding where I want to spend my money, but if a company/business/person treats me right, that's the fastest way to win my business, regardless of the other factors.

Because of that, I just wanted to call out that Men's Wearhouse has by far the best customer service I've ever experienced. Two examples:

1. I went in store to use a 30% off coupon to buy a pair of shoes. I picked out the shoes and tried them on, but after going up to purchase them, I was told that the coupon "does not apply" to that particular choice of shoe and that I would not be able to receive the discount. They recommended that I try calling in to customer service to see if they could help me out with getting the shoes purchased with the discount.

Upon calling into customer service, they not only gave me the 30% discount but also bumped it up to 50% for my trouble. I didn't even have to ask for it. They just did it.

2. I received a coupon that offered a heavily discounted rate on a specific brand of suit that I prefer. I purchased a suit to make sure I wouldn't miss out on the deal, just to find out two days later that the same brand of suits were on sale for $50 less than the original sale price.

I called in again and explained my plight, and the customer service representative refunded me the $50 without any push back whatsoever. The call literally took 5 minutes and was an absolute pleasure.

It's because of stuff like the scenarios outlined above that I buy all my dress clothes and shoes from Men's Wearhouse and have never really even thought about going elsewhere.

What are some places that you give your business to mostly because of their customer service? Feel free to post stories of great customer service experiences you've had!

2. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm sorry. That is not a valid response. Please press "9" to hear the menu again.

3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

One time I went to ChickFilA in Smyrna GA while I was out recruiting. They asked my name to put on the order, which I thought was a nice touch. I know it's an unusual name so I spell it out for the lady since it was good customer relations on her part.

She still called me Kyle.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

[​IMG]

Indy and lylsmorr like this.
  5. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

HAHAHAHA

6. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

[​IMG]

7. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Should have called you Butch.

NYY and utvol0427 like this.
  8. CardinalVol

Back a long time ago I was getting my hair cut and the lady there asked if I wanted to meet her later so I could see where the kitty paws tattoo on her leg led to.

I thought that was a terrific way to go the extra mile to serve your customer, but nonetheless I declined.

9. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I ordered a pair of shoes from Nike a Couple of weeks ago. The next day, they sent me a 25% off coupon code… So I called Nike to see if they would retroactively apply the coupon to my purchase, and they gave me 50% off instead

10. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Address to salon, please.

zehr27 and CardinalVol like this.
  11. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I’ll cut your hair.

Meow

12. CardinalVol

It was a Super Cuts IIRC. Go to any in America and my guess if there is a 1 in 5 chance you will have a similar experience.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

More like Super Sluts, am I right?

14. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

@JT5 make sure you specify what hair is in scope. #choices