D3 Team vs. High School Team

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, Jan 4, 2016.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

So over the weekend, a guy asked me if I watched the UA game. I didn't and he said it was impressive to watch the talent, and that if it worked enough it could probably beat a D3 team. I said this was no doubt, and that I'd venture to guess that one of the top high school teams (Florida 6A, Texas 6A, etc.) could handle a run of the mill D3 team (not your Mt. Union or Wisconsin powerhouses). He disagreed, but I stand by it. You put a run if the mill D3 team against one of the powerhouses and the high school teams wins 7 out of 10 games, easy.

Thoughts?

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If the HS kids have been together long enough, in a stable system since middle school, sure, why not?

3. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

The one D3 player on here got tackled by a kicker so I'll take the high school team

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It'd have to an awful bad program

5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

There's something to be said about 20-21 year olds playing against 17-18 year olds.

Although, St. Thomas Aquinas and Booker T have been pretty good for a couple of years.

6. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

If you could match up a slow white team, it could get ugly

7. CardinalVol

Isn't that what the vast majority of D3 football is? I mean, you've got your powerhouses, then everyoen else.

8. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

A lot of NE private schools, so yes.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm told by those in the know that most high schools would beat most D3 schools.

10. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I guess you'd really have to define "run of the mill," but I would probably agree with you.

The very top of D3 is extremely good. This probably includes the top 5 teams.

The next level is very good, but there is a noticeable difference between them and the very top. This probably includes 5-20 in the rankings.

The next level makes up the vast majority of D3 and is pretty average. This is what I would consider "run of the mill," and I think a top high school team could certainly beat them just from a pure athleticism standpoint with a few key players.

The very bottom of D3 is BAD. Consider this: half of the bids to the playoffs go to conference champions. Some of these conference champions, which would probably fall in the category just above this one, get beat in the first round of the playoffs by scores like 56-0. Knowing that, consider how bad their conferences must be.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have no doubt a quality large high school team in a stable system could consistently hang with your average D-3 team.

12. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Give me oldvol and 20 other random ****s from the 8th, and we'll punish a D3.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Depends whether you randomly get Indy or not, but ya.

14. CardinalVol

So could your school beat them?

15. CardinalVol

I assume the offense will be toss it to OV and let them try to tackle him?

16. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I've been waiting 20 years for this opportunity

17. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

fyp

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We kick off first. Other team forfeits after two downs.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

I would assume so. Wabash falls just outside that top 5 range.

Edit: I'm assuming by "your school" you meant Wabash, and by "them" you meant top high school teams.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  20. CardinalVol

Good, because I'm not sure my body could make it 3 downs.