Dalton Santos Vol For A Couple Months

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Vols kick balls, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Sleezboe

Sleezboe New Member

he did record an interception this week

2. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

Congratulations may be in order, 8th friends. Far as I can tell, the site has made it this far without a "Will aTm to the SEC hurt our chances with Santos?" thread. Hear, hear.

By comparison, TOS has a 'Santos is 100% vol' thread stickied to the top of their forum for constant assurance, and TOOS has started God knows how many Santos threads.

For full disclosure, the Santos thread I started was one of my favorite moments in my brief time over there. The day we thought the SEC was blocking aTm, I started a thread suggesting that this may be a huge tactical error by the SEC, swinging Santos back to aTm because he'll see it as a sign of disrespect to his home state. I think the logic hit a little too close to home, as folks were pretty riled up about what a dumbass i was.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2011
  3. Sleezboe

Sleezboe New Member

paranoid bastards

4. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

New article on Santos: Dalton Santos will bring his swagger to UA All-America Game - ESPN

On his commitment to the Vols, "I'm strong with it. I love it up there," Santos said. "It's different from here, somewhere I can step out and grow as a person and a player. I love challenges, and this will be something different in my life. I'm solid there."

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  5. SetVol13

SetVol13 Contributor

Santos will add some much need physicality to this team. Heck, McNeil and Autry are some mean SOBs too.

6. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Yep, I love it. I want some angry mofo's out there trying to tear people's heads off. Make them think twice about crossing over the middle to catch that ball. There's some chatter on TOOS that Autry may be announcing soon. Unknown date/destination.

7. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Anyone concerned about speed at linebacker or do we have some other guys coming in that can provide that?

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Maggit has it, Lathers has it, AJ will be fine in the middle (and it appears he's playing a lot faster now), Peters seems to read and react very well, Henderson and King are both better athletes than LBs right now and Santos will be fine as a two down LB.

As for the others, King had it but has been through a few knee injuries and Crump is fast. The rest are not.

9. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

Good to hear Groves. I just hear all of the "we're getting bigger and sacrificing speed to do so" talk. Weather Dooley sticks or not, the roster is in much better shape than he found it.

10. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

I think Bowles is a possibility at LB.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Maybe but I think he'll be a jumbo safety

12. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

247 now reporting he is keeping his options open with TX A&M.

13. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

And here we go

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

I would go on a homicidal rampage if I thought it would somehow help the situation. I am so [uck fay]ing sick of everything turning to shit all the time with this team.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

TAMU is in just as shitty a situation as Tennessee is in.

16. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

I think we get Santos if we keep Sirmon and Wilcox.

17. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

VQ article from 12/14/11

18. gorockytop101

gorockytop101 New Member

nm, old news

19. XXROCKYTOPXX

XXROCKYTOPXX Chieftain

Thanks for sharing GV2003. Sounds like he's ready to go...

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If he can be a consistent two down run plugger, I'll be happy. If he turns into anything more than that, it will be great.