Dan Mullen [uck fay]ing Sucks

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Dec 30, 2019.

1. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Florida will be top 5 preseason I would imagine.

2. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

And he’ll have Dan Mullen as his coach.

Have at it.

3. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Mullen just finished his second season by winning the Orange Bowl. When’s our last Orange Bowl victory ?

4. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I like our future chances against Mullen.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Doesnt matter who coaches UF. They are surrounded by talent with players and families who don't care about anything except staying near home and staying out of the cold most of the year. No credit given for recruiting

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee has only played in 4 orange bowls. The last win was 1939

7. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

But an SEC team has been in the Orange bowl 5 times in the last 9 years. I'm just saying the Orange Bowl is a BCS Bowl and we blow off a victory by Florida and a second year coach in that game like it ain't shit. Mullen is a douche, but you don't back in to winning as much as he does.

TDVol1989 and A-Smith like this.
  8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He doesn't beat very good teams very often. He wins, most of the time, his 4 bought games, beats the crap conference teams then goes bowling.

He's .500 in SEC play over 11 years. He's never won his division, much less the conference. He's a good, not great coach.

hohenfelsvol and cpninja like this.
  9. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Won’t engage.

Indy likes this.
  10. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

Hahahaha ... they're triggering the HELL outta you right now.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

What’s the best team he’s beaten these two seasons at UF? I guess LSU last year or Auburn this year.

Butch had a bit where he was set up to do equally well with virtually no quality wins and squandered it.

12. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

They beat LSU last year and crushed Michigan in their bowl game.

Beat Auburn this year.

That is about it.

13. Tenacious D

It’s equally asinine to compare Florida’s recent program history to Tennessee’s, or what Mullen and Pruitt each inherited at their respective schools.

Mullen not only inherited a team loaded with experienced talent across the board, comprised of multiple perennial Top 10 classes, but which sits in the middle of what is arguably the most talent-rich state in the US.

And, perhaps more importantly, he also inherited a team that had won two (2) SEC East Division Championships in the previous three years, and who had won 10 & 9 games in the year before their coach went nuts and made false allegations of death threats.

Pruitt inherited a Tennessee team at the plummeting bottom of its program history, and which was charitably comprised of barely Top 25 recruits, and which was so lacking both direction and development that players weren’t even required to participate in a legitimate S&C program. The Tennessee team that Pruitt inherited had only won 13 games in the two (2) seasons prior to his arrival, including an 0-6 record in the SEC in the year before he took the gig.

You can compare the two, I guess, insofar as both are humans and coach college football teams, but anything beyond that is laughably stupid.

I’ve never seen such an entirely average coach, who was only wanted and stuck in Starkville for several years - and, to be clear, where he did exactly “jack” & “shit” - enjoy so much laudable praise, and for such easily predictive and entirely pedestrian results.

He’s won exactly as many championships as I have, and his chances are still only slightly better than mine, going forward.

You’re certainly welcome to fall for the silliness that he’s anything beyond a middling coach, but I’m not going to make the same obvious mistake.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Same.

15. Tenacious D

What in TF has he won?

List’em out for us.

16. Tenacious D

You’re on the Mullen is all-some train, too?

You should know better.

17. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

So Mullen is the new Urban Meyer. He comes to a team with talent, good recruiting base. Gives them some direction and focus...ESPN will announce he’s a great coach promoted to elite coach level. Perception is reality.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  18. Tenacious D

TDC says he’s the new Lombardi.

19. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Mullen cannot sniff Meyer's jock. Their records are polar opposites. Mullen averages 4.6 losses a year.

Meyer: 1.8

Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  20. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Back to back NY6 Bowl games.