Daniel McCullers Commits To Tennessee/Also Sunseri Plans to Run 3-4.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Jan 13, 2012.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

No prob.

2. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

So does this mean we will have a modified Saben Defense?

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Interesting.

Dooley is saying in presser we will be very multiple. Run some 4-3 and 3-4.

4. JayVols

Not surprising. There are some carryover techniques. The NT in a 3-4 could be a DT that is playing a type of shade technique. We will have some hybrid types now that can play the outside in both defenses. I like the multiple fronts. Gives you more options and adjustability as a D and offenses more to prepare for.

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Should be interesting seeing how this comes together.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

When I was in high school we played a shade 4-3 and 5-2 so I agree they are similar. Heck, Maryville High does it now.

I will be interested to see which we use as our base though.

I'm not going to lie, discussing potential X's and O's gets me all warm and tingly inside, esp wen I can learn too.

7. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'm wondering would they shade the nt strong side 3 tech or weak side 1 in the forty front

8. JayVols

I would like to see a weak 1 technique personally. Unless you are playing 2 deep safeties, you will backer must be a stud to play the more vulnerable side. If you have a beast at the 1 technique he could draw a double team more often and free our LBs up more to scrape and fill.

I'm with you Cardinal. Taking schemes is much more fun than lamenting coaching. I played a base 4-4 with what we termed a swap weak look. The weak tackle was in a 1 technique with the strong in a 3. That's the same as your basic 4-3 front look that so many teams roll with today. Most people can't tell much of a difference between a 3-4 and a 4-3 because the 3-4 walks up outside guys up for a 4 or even 5 man front sometimes. I'm getting a bit of a stiffy thinking about all the options we are going to have running both Ds with the personnel running them. Just hope we can coach 'em up now. Could be exciting times defensively again finally.

9. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Worth a try. He has not developed at end very well.

10. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I think his weight is closer to 360 currently. (which is still massive)

Some claim he got up in the 400 range at one time. I imagine they want him in the 350 to 360 area.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  11. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Dude just looks like a mountain. Looks more like Tiny Richardson than just a fatass like Terrence Cody.

12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Good God. He's bigger than Tiny.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

Gonna need an athletic endowment just to feed him.

14. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

His eyes open there?

15. 7thgroupvolfan

7thgroupvolfan New Member

Nice to see this week end on a positive note. Keep that shit rolling.

16. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

fyp