Da'Rick Rogers Possibly Gone Per VQ Twitter Detectives

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by LawVol13, Mar 29, 2012.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Ok, is is Ra'Rick here? Gone? Coaching the team? Running for President? What in the blue blazes is going on?

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He has some internal things to work out until he can practice but he isn't kicked off or suspended.

Does that make any sense? I didn't think so

3. CardinalVol

My junior year of high school we had a similar situation, and it was handled very poorly.

They finally gave up on the guy and kicked him off about 4 issues before Dooley has, and this guy was more valuable to our team than Rodgers is to this one (he was a legit 1,500 yard back...easy).

I say that to say, I cannot think of any scenario where player issues have been handled worse than this.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm dumb-founded that Dooley hasn't kicked him off the team if the situation is as bad as is being rumored, in terms of disrespect.

5. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

No, NuKeese and JJ off the top of my head were issues. They were key Kiffin recruits. That's what makes this even more difficult for Dooley, is that Rogers is "His Guy".

6. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Dooley looked extremely uncomfortable in the post practice interview.

7. Beechervol

He is, but he is also a very key cog in a year where Dooley's margin for error maybe a handful of plays that determine a handful of games.

8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Beecher is right. Dooley's confidence looks shaken. Seeds of doubt are germinating. Perhaps for the first time, he is realizing that his tenure at Tennessee may be doomed.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Neither of those guys were here when Kiffin was announced as HC. It took one team meeting for those players to get behind Kiffin. I'm not talking about discipline because Kiffin had his share of idiots. I'm talking about respect. No player would go on on twitter and pull a stunt like Da'Rick did if they respected the coaches they played for.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

What is funny is, it isn't THAT hard for a man to get the respect of 18 and 19 year old men. It just involves consistency, respect for them, and creating a goal-oriented environment in which to function in.

Is Dooley consistent? No.

Is Dooley respectful to his players as men? No, he humiliates them on almost regular occasion and rarely builds them up properly when opportunities arise to do so. He also micromanages the environment around them while doing the previous two actions, which leads to a withering combination to an adult's psyche. Seriously, think about those 3 things in combination. That's hell.

Is Dooley constructing a goal-oriented environment? No. A detail-oriented one allegedly, but not goal-oriented. "We're a bad team. We'll be lucky to make a bowl game."

It isn't ONLY like he has no skill as a coach. It is like he has little idea of what makes a good leader. Not a great leader, not a HOF coach. Just a "good" leader.

It isn't rocket science.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Pursuing improvement is not a goal. Making less mistakes or new mistakes is not a goal. "Taking care of a few things" at some point in time to allow the instant return to the team is not setting a goal for a player. It's all bullshit.

12. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Dooley's inability to handle tough situations makes me wonder if the guy will ever be able to coach a close game in the 4th quarter, (if we ever get to that point). Dooley gets in over his head more and more everyday.

Its a simple solution. Kick Da'Rick off the team after the Kentucky game and it goes to show that you won't put up with shit like that, but now that it has been allowed to drag on, it makes me wonder if more players will try to piss on Dooley, because they have seen that he will not do anything about it. A head coach is supposed to grab the bull by the horns, but Dooley grabs the bull by the ass and hopes that it is running in the right direction, and its quite simply not. He can't win for losing. In a way, I almost feel bad for the guy, but he has not shown me anything other than being able to comb his hair and drop some cute little one liners during pressers. Gift for gab and hair combing were two things her inherited from Barbara, and it appears that he did not inherit the ability to coach a winning football team from Vince. Damn Barbara and her dominant genes.

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Troy Fleming ‏ @tflemin44 Close
    @JaysonSwain does Dooley know I offer ass whipping sessions for free, so next time you se him tell him #troyfleming will get him str8

Apparently Troy Fleming is offering to kick Da'Rick's ass now

14. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Dooley is letting the tail (Da'Rick) wag the dog. Once that happens as a coach you might as well pack you bags.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Fulmer did this for oh 7 years

16. Beechervol

Your gonna have players that you recruit turn out like this on occasion, everybody does. What changes the dynamic is when the player gets in his mind that his head coach is hand cuffed and he can call his bluff. Im not gonna pretend to know everything that has happened in this case, but it just sounds like this.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Except there was no bluff on Dooley's part. He didn't really ever try to reign him in until now. I'm not saying Da'Rick is innocent but this stuff went on for 2 seasons and Dooley let it happen.

It's hard to do a 180 on discipline 3 years in and expect it to work.

18. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Did you not see the Vanderbilt game, or 2010 UAB?

It takes great coaching acumen to pull off a double OT thriller against CUSA, or to design a play to make a guy rough the kicker when somebody else blocked the kick.

19. CardinalVol

The 5 missed field goals that game were a direct result of the play design.

20. JZ1124

JZ1124 Active Member

Great position to be in heading into your third year...