Da'rick suspended per Jimmy Hyams

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by WM, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I agree. I have a lot of respect for Mckeefrey.

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Suspend him for the first game.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  3. hmanvolfan

hmanvolfan Member

Send him to Pahokie to see how life is on the other side.

4. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Might as well suspend him for two games.

5. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I don't know just how much Tennstud actually knows but he is claiming that Rogers DID in fact workout with the team today and didn't get into it with McKeefrey today. TIFWIW

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He and McKeefery have gotten into it a few times.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's hard to respect the S&C coach when the head coach says the team isn't physically strong enough to win games.

8. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I see. In Dooley's defense, he has to blame someone. No way his shitty coaching and policies are to blame for anything negative.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Ha

I know a few players aren't really fans of McKeefery but that's any S&C coach on any team. However, I don't know if I've ever heard a head coach say a second year player that was on several freshman all conference teams isn't strong enough to play the position halfway through his second year.

10. Oldvol75

Oldvol75 Super Bigfoot Guru Mod

I should have used the word TODAY! Sorry!

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Hello Mr. Patterson.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I hope Patterson is as good as advertised but Da'Rick is a perfect compliment to Justin Hunter. He can do everything Hunter can't do. Patterson is more of a stretch the field guy too like JH.

13. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

Mind blowing. If you don't like what the S&C coach is telling you to do, nobody's telling you that you can't get out on these 60 degree days and do whatever kind of conditioning you see fit for yourself.

You would think Dooley would have had 1 meeting with him. "Last year was last year. If you don't get in line, you're gone." It doesn't sound like Rogers listened to that. Or there never was such a meeting.

14. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Agreed. Hunter and Patterson in the X and Z with Rogers in the slot Y= pretty damn hard to defend. I would lose sleep trying to scheme that trio.

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

You really think DD is going to discipline his one star he recruited here in his first class? He may eventually have to boot Da'Rick but it's going to take gross misconduct for that to happen. Da'Rick is the only 2010 recruit worth a damn he can claim. It's an ego thing for him just as much as it is a job security issue (kicking Da'Rick off improves his chances of a poor season obviously) with him.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

He isn't stupid. He will jump through the hoops for one more season, then cash out. Which is whatever. Rogers knows what his future should be

17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Basilio says he was late to a workout do McKeefrey got on him about it. Da'Rick gave him some shit then threw a weight in anger.

18. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Well, at least we can rule that out as not happening.

19. alumvol08

alumvol08 Active Member

Looks like McKeefrey is next on Dooley's chopping block. You don't disrespect DR and get away with it.

20. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

Based on Dooley losing the team last year and the rumors floating around about Rogers' recent actions, it doesn't appear that DD is serious about disciplining his team. Just one more reason to think DD won't be here in '13. That is, if the foundation of his team were solid (team chemistry/discipline/leadership/etc. were good), then he would have a much better argument for letting him stick around past '12. It sounds like nothing has changed since the KY game.