Da'rick suspended per Jimmy Hyams

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by WM, Feb 27, 2012.

1. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I think this is a bit over the top.

2. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

We should make the DR Award for Professionalism in College Athletics, similar to the Fulmer Cup, that tracks the player with the most documented confrontations with a coaching staff. Or a similar variation.

3. Daddy Gee

Daddy Gee Chieftain

The fact that you can do it multiple times and still be on the team says it all. We've gone from the University of Fulmer to the University of Dooley.

4. FlowingAway.

FlowingAway. Banned

Just think guys, only one more year of Dooley...

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Da'Rick wouldn't be where he is today without trailblazers like Albert Toheina.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It probably is

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I hope so too. I also think he can be as good a compliment to JH as DR.

8. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

I'm looking for DR to move to the slot.

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I hate to say this, but see little reason to believe otherwise when looking at the schedule...

DD will win 8 games next season - which is the magic number to keep his job - and 2013 sees us take the field without Bray / Hunter / Rodgers and slink back to near .500.

Only then does CDD get canned. There's 2 more years of this, barring an unmitigated calamity next season.

10. Tenacious D

DR moving to the slot would be as difficult to manage as Hunter being wide. And good luck to any S / Nickel / Sam or Will who draws that straw.

That's the smart move, for sure.

Which pretty much ensures he stays wide, opposite Hunter....and we line up Worley in the slot, instead - you know, to keep the defense guessing.

11. Steve C.

Steve C. Banned

This.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

So Dooley is going to actually improve his career calamity record?

13. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I like our chances with a SS trying to cover DR in the slot. If he is still here. I don't see defenses trying to play man against that trio too often. Would be suicide if they went to the man coverage well too often.

Don't forget that we have to get the superstar Zack Rogers in the mix. He might be the slot instead of Worley. We all know ZR is an absolute beast. I wouldn't put it past this bunch....

14. Tenacious D

Dooley's ability to engender or create unmitigated disasters, while impressive, is not the only area in which he has shown to be adept. Other areas include:

1. Bad Losses
    2. Really bad losses
    3. Really bad losses to rivals
    4. Really lopsided losses to rivals
    5. Really lopsided losses to others
    6. Needless destruction of unparalleled streaks which were decades in the making, and which had already survived every manner of ineptitude previously conceived
    7. Blaming players
    8. Alienating / running off assistant coaches
    9. Oft-reminding everyone how Nick Saban did it, and that he worked for him during that time
    10. Perfectly coiffed hair
    11. The pitfalls of having your mother serve as both your staunchest and most public defender
    12. Accusing players of poor personal hygiene. Publicly. Or at all.
    13. Reinvigorating the specialized segment of tailors who produce orange trousers
    14. Comparing his team to (arguably) the most evil, homicidal and genocide-loving group of people in the history of earth
    15. Speaking when he should be silent - and even then, saying all of the wrong things
    16. Being silent when something should clearly be said, or needs to be
    17. Somehow making Vandy's coach even vaguely relevant, which is truly rarefied air for them
    18. The senseless destruction of unparalleled streaks which were decades in the making, and which had (seemingly) already withstood some of its greatest challenges
    19. Taking a stand when he should give way
    20. Giving way when he should stand firm
    21. Ducking opponents
    22. Selling so many pigs and pokes - and to more people - as to make P.T. Barnum blush
    23. Singlehandedly refuting Lincoln's theory on a person's inability to fool all people all of the time.
    24. Being quick to remind that he is a lawyer, but only days (or, minutes) later, making that seem utterly impossible
    25. The quick detection and immediate correction of trash receptacles found to be improperly placed in and/or around sports-based facilities
    26. Making unwavering statements as to his intention to recruit players of the highest quality character, especially in response to accusations of the inadequacies of his signed recruits
    27. Showing that a player's character is of little importance, given a sufficient degree of talent
    28. Inability and/or unwillingness to accept either personal and/or sole responsibility for mistakes to which he is inarguably and personally responsible to prevent

I could go on, but you get the idea. But I will say, "Yes" to your direct question, Justin.

If there is one guy who can somehow make a calamitous situation increasingly worse, my money is on CDD.

15. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Post of the Year Nominee.

16. WM

WM Active Member

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

oh shit

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Sounds like this could heat up a little bit more

19. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Just a high character Dooley guy.

20. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Let's not jump to conclusions. Maybe he was at the DMV or something.