Dave Hart is doing a great job per Dave Hooker

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by justingroves, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

F you.

2. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Wait, what?

3. Tenacious D

There's no correlation between the UTAD being forced to give their money to the general fund, and any shortfall that is alleged to exist with UTAD's finances. Doesn't that just make perfect sense to you?

That's why people enjoy taxes and being robbed - the more money that's taken from you, the more you have. We'll have to get IP to weigh in on it from a scientific viewpoint, but I think it has something to so with worm holes or Higgs-Bosun. Or, it may simply be magic.

As BizTime asserts, this is also a complete non-issue, as UTAD is flush with cash.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I would support Corey Hart as AD.

5. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Even Corey Haim would do a better job.

6. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Unless Slive retires after the secn gets rolling.

Jmo

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

You must have me confused with one of the "wealth and resources are infinite" dudes.

8. Tenacious D

Shut your mouth.

9. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

And I get that. My point is that the great Hooker claims he is doing will get your ass fired.

10. CardinalVol

I'll try to be as fair as I can in an assessment of Hart.

What he's done well -

He was given the thankless task of merging the two departments, and other than the potential handling of Summit (pick a side), I don't know if he could have done any better or more smoothly. It was going to be a cluster**** regardless, but it has gone as seamless as it could.

There was a lot of fat to be cut, and he's managed to do it. Has he angered people in the process? Yes. Do I think a couple of folks got a raw deal? Yes. Did what he did need to be done? Yes.

He's also stood up to Cheek and the academics more than I think the people here realize. Has he gotten in bed with them a couple of times? Possibly. He's also regained a bit of ground for athletics that Hamilton surrendered during his tenure. Is it ideal? No. Is it better than it was? Yes.

Now, what he's done poorly -

Basically, everything else.

If the money situation is so bad, I don't understand why we're continuing to spend on capital projects. I don't really think an extra 20-30 yards of indoor practice space really make that big of a deal in the recruiting process or scheming for games. I'd much rather invest in coaches than facilities. IMO it's much better ROI, especially in football.

The accountant in me is also very troubled that a 10 year CFO, who is also a helluva guy, resigned because "it was time to do something else".

Finally, the fact he can't keep big money on the same page and work with them is probably his most damnable offense.

Conclusion -

I really don't see any major difference now and the day he took over. Maybe we will in 10 years and this will be looked back upon as important, but quite frankly right now his minuses overwhelmingly outweigh his positives. He's had opportunities to make decisions that would have helped solve the winning and $$$$$ situations and completely wiffed. I'm still looking forward to the day of his resignation because I've given up on him leaving any other way.

11. CardinalVol

I've heard it mentioned.

12. InVolNerable

"Stop asking yourself easy questions so you can look like a genius."
    - Jo Bennett

13. volsforever27

volsforever27 Member

Are you Hart's secretary? Possibly a family member? In some role in the UTAD?

Hard to say for certain with your head that far up your own ass.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

You think the AD said they can't afford it and General said OK and now AD is fooling someone by going cheap?

Good one. Politics have never mattered.

15. dknash

dknash Chieftain

Make all of our games night games? No thanks.

16. InVolNerable

Everyone would look pretty dirty in dark visors though.

[​IMG]

17. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

I'm on the fence....didn't read Hooker, but following Mike Hamilton is more challenging than following [ddiapos]. The AD/academic mess was real. The national perception of our department and school in general was atrocious.

When you add bullshit like the Pearl petition it only perpetuates the image and makes Hart's job more difficult. Until now I've refrained on any comment on that issue, but that Pearl petition made me believe that most UT fans are getting exactly what they deserve. That was more asinine than the feeble attempt to save Fulmer's job with a KNS ad.

Judgement for Hart begins in the fall of 2015. Every program under Hart's watch should be conference competitive by then. If not, it won't matter.

18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Screw you and your voice of reason, Lex.

I just want to be mad.

19. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I'm a Lex fan. He knows that too, but that sounded like the old "we can't judge him yet" rationale to me after being here 3 years & has made hires in all major sports. I can't go with that line of thought. Plus we have his time at FSU to look at. There's plenty of information on Hart to make a judgement, imho.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2014
  20. InVolNerable

I'm staying mad.