Dave Hart is doing a great job per Dave Hooker

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by justingroves, Apr 24, 2014.

1. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

I agree on both accounts. My general agreement with Lex is that our entire structure over there is a shit show. While Dave Hart is obviously part of the problem, it can't be stated enough that Mike Hamilton left this place in a damn mess.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I agree on the Hamilton argument, but if Hamilton were Coke, Hart is at best Diet Coke- just another shitty substitute.

3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

What are the major ones? He's hired Warlick, Jones, and Tyndall. Maybe a swim coach, too. Not sure how much freedom he really had with Warlick. The other two coaches searches certainly didn't impress me. He got a lot of shit for saying we'd keep Dooley around past 2012, but a lot of that may have been just air. Said similar things about Cuonzo being here next year. For Dave to be halfway decent both Jones and Tyndall need to pan out and he needs to get the track program back... on track.

4. JayVols

He hired Serrano, no?

And I'm talking men's athletics.

5. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I think Jimmy Cheek did that. Looking back, yeah, he was hired during Cronan's stint as interim AD.

6. JayVols

Six in one, half-dozen in the other.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Which is hilarious considering Cheek's stance of academics over athletics.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Cronan's answer to the questions of whether or not she was capable/qualified to handle the baseball coaching search was fantastic.

9. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

No offense taken Jay....

In some respects, I think Hart has gotten lucky. I am a Charlie Strong fan, but he may not have been ready for the UT job. In regards to White, I think DT is a better fit too. There are two instances where being left at the altar could eventually accidentally helping Hart's cause.

10. JayVols

I hope, but we used up all our good juju back in '98 I'm afraid

The way the hires happened is what concerns me.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Butch may also work out, especially if the talent keeps coming in

12. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

If Butch doesn't get too stubborn holding on to staff, he could have a great run here.

13. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

How does anything he has done qualify as good?

If the implied difficulty of the position justifies the sorry results, then he has done what was expected. If we really believe the outcomes are simply meeting expectations driven by the context, we should roll without an AD.

I'm of the mind that he has utterly sucked. If he can't make the point that quality of the AD drives student experience and helps the university in its effort to appeal to prospective students, teachers, fans, donors and every other constituency, then he sucks and has failed.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Hope he does. Better recruit like a manchild on the lines. In the end, those dominate football games. The way our O line was employed last year keeps it from dominating.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yep. When we're talking revenues of 111+ million, one million more for the most important hire is a dealbreaker. Thanks for that.

16. DirtyVol

DirtyVol New Member

17. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

this is brilliance. It's like we can't operate the joint any cheaper. How stupid is this to ignore the runoff of buyouts in the purchase of a new coach? How about winning changing the revenue stream?

18. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Can someone explain to me what the **** "other" means under expenses? That's a ****ton of money to just be generalized.

19. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Also, WTF Iowa? Talk about overpaying out the ass.