Dave Hart

Discussion in 'VOLuminous' started by tvolsfan, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

If Hart allows Dooley to take Steele over Shannon...does opinion on Hart change? I mean if he views Steele > Shannon as a DC....how can we hope he can pick a HC? And he would be paying Steele about a million bucks.

2. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Hart should let Dooley make the call as long as he is coach.

3. From the hires we've made, a better list of names could be found for free on almost any Vols forum.

4. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Professionally signing off on a Million bucks and a buyout to Steele under these circumstances is negligent. I do agree Dooley should have the call. Dooley walks in says I want Hart not Shannon...Hart should say ok...while pressing the button for security. End Of Dooley's Reign.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Depends on legnth of contract and compensation. I want a decent DC that when Dooley gets fired will not have a huge buyout if our new coach does not retain him.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I would have some concerns too. What about Sark at UW?

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's a win-win if Hart handles it correctly. And if Dooley wants a chance to stick around, he better not turn down a solid DC.

8. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

KS makes 750k now and is secure for next year and probably one more...He had a bad year this year but a good one the year before. So we are talking somewhere around 1 million. 3 years. Buyout what like 1 mil you think if after year one? That is insane in these circumstances for Steele. Now for RS as a DC...I would go 5 years 1 Million with incentives. And a buyout. If you fire Dooley RS is likely an asset to getting a HC...if the new HC does not want him we have to eat his buyout. At least we played to win.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

You act like either one of those options wouldn't be a home run for us at this point...

10. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

KS is not a homerun hire in our circumstance.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Why not?

12. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

It is a maintenance hire or appeasement hire. Not the worst and not the best.

13. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

He is good in the sense he can recruit. He is bad in the sense he comes with DB. He is also bad in the sense he is a collaborative DC at his best much like Chaney is a collaborative OC at his best. Who is he going to collaborate with Dooley? He has shown no signs after being around for many years of being an elite Xs and Os DC. He is proven to be an average DC at the BCS level. His recruiting ability keeps him around.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well, we agree that we could do much, much worse.

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I said if both Cheney and Wilcox go, it'd be hard to keep Dooley.

And the NFL coaching carousel hasn't even begun yet. Bear that in mind.

As to the possible candidates - I don't know, and not sure that anyone does, really.

Total guesses:
    Tony Dungy
    Jon Gruden
    Stoops
    Patterson
    Peterson
    Kiffin (not joking. He's WELL LIKED by some folks in Jasper, TN....and never lost contact. Money talks)

Pure speculation.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Don't like the Dungy idea.

17. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Shannon wants the job this is all but confirmed. Dooley is not sure he is the guy. FML. Dooley is so so bad.

18. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

If true (and im not doubting you), Dooley may be making a career decision here.

Choose wisely.

19. Jewbaccah

Jewbaccah New Member

Hubbs himself has just about confirmed it. But the legit insiders on FL98 are now confirming it as well. Dooley is actually thinking RS might not be the right fit. What a [uck fay]ing tool. His reasoning is RS will leave after 2 years to be a HC. My answer who gives a [uck fay] it means he did a good [uck fay]ing job. Hart needs to step the [uck fay] in and fire or hire someone. I AM GOING RED....

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I have heard that Hart really likes Kirby Smartt.