Dave Lawson gone?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Apr 22, 2016.

Tags:
  1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Did Butch just get rid of his long-time staff member? We're getting a new S&C coach?

2. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

3. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He hasn't been with the football team since January. He's somehow involved with the Bowles deal

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Interesting... Could turn into a sacrificial lamb.

6. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Why are we still paying him?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

7. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Maybe to shut up.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's the only reason, I would think

9. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

If so, worth every cent.

10. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

S&C seemed to be an improvement in recent years,at least in the sense that we no longer played like a bunch of *******.

11. GoVols2003

GoVols2003 Contributor

I think his contract was guaranteed... We had another S&C coach or two that we paid a for a year or so after letting them go.

I have seen reference to the Bowles situation, but there was another coach that seemed more involved there.....Also saw some speculation about it being related to the number of shoulder injuries that were occurring.

As a side note to the last part, I did have two strength guys in the profession raise eyebrows about the grip technique Lawson has been using on the bench press. Both worried that it was too stressful on the shoulder....that is speculative though...neither are UT fans or have much day to day info concerning UT...had just seen some video from the UT strength seminar