David Cutcliffe.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by hatvol96, Aug 5, 2015.

1. hatvol96

hatvol96 Well-Known Member

Watching the 60 Minutes Sports feature on him. I have to say, what he has done at Duke is pretty damn amazing.

2. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

He's a hell of a coach.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Is this on now?

4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's in a perfect place and I'm glad he's successful

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

+1

I've always been a fan. Hope he continues to do well.

6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I'm a big fan of Cut. While I'd like to think we could do better, I'd gladly trade Butch for him.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

he'd need a staff full of ace recruiters, IMO

8. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I agree and he doesn't strike me as the type to ditch his guys for new guys that recruit well.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Meh, if these clowns can recruit here, I have no doubt that Cutcliffe could get it done.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

These clowns are good at the recruiting part, whatever you think about the rest of it

11. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Sigh.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

His staff is full of guys that were average to below average coaches and recruiters here under Fulmer.

Jancek, Martinez and Thigpen were proven recruiters when they came here with Butch.

13. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

I wonder how well Cutcliffe would do in NFL? He obviously isn't interested as he seems to enjoy the teaching aspect of college but not dealing with recruiting would be nice.

14. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Head-and-shoulders above.

We knew that they could recruit, for me, it's their coaching that I'm more pleased with. They've proven wrong much of the (prior to and once arrived) specualtion and talk from here

15. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

+1

16. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

In the coaching front? Last year was an utter embarrassment on the coaching front.

17. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Defensively? Surely, you jest?

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Not at all. We're stoked about it, but it looks good when you played the absurdly bad offenses in the east. OU trucked us. Everyone did as they adjusted and we kept being conservative. Barnett and Maggitt being disruptive isn't coaching. Failing to find ways to get other LBs involved was rough. Playing Coleman at all is like playing the read no option with Worley.

Which team had a decent qb? Hell, UGA proved they couldn't throw it and we still let them run the ball down our throats late.

19. zero-sum

zero-sum New Member

Oh, I don't discount or dispute the effect talent had / played but to say that they (the coaches) did not perform better than what had been feared here is nonsense.

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

They have done a good job, which I happily, happily admit. But it takes Dooley level incompetence not to average top 10 classes at Tennessee, IMO. Lots and lots of staffs could recruit to Tennessee.