David Johnson is a Clown

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by kptvol, Feb 8, 2020.

1. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Calls Pruitt a football genius a month ago and now he’s saying he didn’t trust him. Gave him his first big time job and he cuts him down as soon as it’s useful to score some points with some boosters that are mad we took Wideman.

2. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Yeah, this seems a little bush league. Still hate to see it—just gives me flashbacks of the stuff people said about Butch and Dooley. I don’t think Pruitt is anything like those guys, but it’s triggering some PTSD

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Yeah Pruitt isn’t in that league.

At worst Pruitt is an elite coordinator, which is way higher of a ceiling than butch or Dooley

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

And if you are not pissing other coaches off, then you are not doing it right.

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

He better hope this gig works out for a while. And he better realize he’s married to his new HC. Not a HC in America will bring someone like that on board.
    Regardless of how he feels, you don’t let it play out that way. Bush move.

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's pandering to the FSU crowd, it sucks for him it's went public. He's now a "Norvell guy" for life

Memtownvol likes this.
  7. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

It’s a safe play to always assume someone is filming and will post it somewhere nowadays, and to act/speak accordingly.

hohenfelsvol, NYY, utvol0427 and 3 others like this.
  8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Yeah kind of a recruiting event gung ho type comment. Whatever. Talking out both sides usually catches up at some point.

9. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

I hope Coach Graham goes down there and steals more from them.

warhammer likes this.
  10. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Yeah I expect this a little bit, but something more like "you know I never was a fan of that orange."

We'll forget about this dude in a week.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It just doesn’t make a lot sense. They aren’t some rival of ours. We haven’t played them since January of 1999. It would be like if we hired some coach from Arizona and he trashed them at a booster meeting. Seems like if anything he’d have said something about how he had a good thing and Norvell/FSU was one of the only opportunities for which he’d leave.

Memtownvol likes this.
  12. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Who?

NorrisAlan likes this.
  13. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Running back for the Cardinals doesn’t like Pruitt.

Unimane likes this.
  14. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

It’s shitting on Pruitt to make Norvell seem comparatively different and better, so as to score easy points by telling boosters what they want to hear. Weird part is that Pruitt was there and those cats know him, and that it isn’t true.

As many have already said, he’ll regret this one day. And by putting all of his eggs in the Norvell basket, it’ll be sooner rather than later, IMO.

Memtownvol likes this.
  15. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

He's just not ready for the big stage and got carried away with the mic in his hand and receptive audience.

16. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I'll give him some credit here. Sounds like he's going on Knoxville radio for an apology tour. I'll accept that.

17. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, I'm guessing it came out differently than what he intended and he wants to explain himself.

ptclaus98 likes this.
  18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Double down, go full heel

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Well that will be juicy.

20. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Where the [uck fay] are the Cardinals from now a days